What trails would you like to run next summer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What trails would you like to run next summer?

AccordRanger

Reaction score
City, State
Firestone, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
I know its a long ways away, but i think it would be good to post up some you would like to try once the snow is gone.

I'll start:
MSV/Coney Flats
Wheeler Lake
Kelly Flats
Moody Hill/Crystal Mtn.
Mill Creek
Red Elephant Hill
Kingston Peak
Ironclads

Lets actually get the Colorado Ex's out and about in 2011!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be interested in going. I've done a few trails here and there as a passenger before, but I've never actually driven off road. I've only had my Explorer for a month now and my Mountaineer before never really left the pavement. And the trails I've done were pretty weaksauce.

I have a friend in Fort Collins who is pretty active with the Full Sized Jeep Association of Colorado. If we want to get a bigger group together, that could be an option.

I know your Ex should be able to handle some of these trails.

Ran MSV on Oct 19, made it to the Coney creek turn off. time ran out and headed back. have ran Moody twice. Any of the others are good, How about Jenny creek? Bald Mtn?

Tim

Thinkin bout a snow canal run in the San Juans in late May (Memorial day weekend). Iron Chest, Williams, and Holy Cross are still on my to do list.

Let me know if you want to run Holy Cross still...I've made two attempts so far but haven't been able to get to the city yet. Was stopped at French Creek last weekend...just too late in the day and was going to have to winch up...

I only live 15-25 miles from Holy Cross

I'm in Idaho today. This trip will end in about a week and I have to get right back to KS. This is my last trip this year. Maybe next yera.

I'm game for Holy Cross, Red Cone, or where-ever you guys want to go. My X has finally been through the Lazarus treatment and prowls the city again, so I would be all too happy to take her to the mountains.

I might be interested in going. I've done a few trails here and there as a passenger before, but I've never actually driven off road. I've only had my Explorer for a month now and my Mountaineer before never really left the pavement. And the trails I've done were pretty weaksauce.

I have a friend in Fort Collins who is pretty active with the Full Sized Jeep Association of Colorado. If we want to get a bigger group together, that could be an option.

That isn't a bad idea, and it would make my wife thrilled (she owns a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon).

Back