Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rebecca for posting that!

The only problem I can foresee is that when we need the POI directions most likely we will be out of town. If it does not bring us to the right place I know in my case I will not be a happy camper so please don't take it personal! I certainly know you are trying to help. Is there anything proactive Ford is doing about the Navigation problems? Would be nice to get some feedback from them as well so we know they are trying to come up with a solution. There is a whole thread here about problems with it.

Thanks again!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi VinceL!

Yes, we do actively monitor your feedback regarding the map data. For now, if you, or anyone else, comes across an address or POI that is not in the system, please report it here:

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com

Thanks Rebecca for the reply.

I am a bit confused though. I would have thought the link you posted would have been a Telenav site. Is the site you posted an affiliated company, or someone hired to take care of map inconsistencies?

Thanks

Gee, now we can help do what should of been done by the company who does this. So, after paying many hundreds of dollars for a worthless nav system, I can add my home address which has been built since 2001. Although at times the screen shows me traveling through the woods and at times driving across the lake. Its OK except when its choppy, ha ha. Then with an updated map sometime in the future spend more dollars for an update. Thank you Ford. My 80.00 portable does a much better job. I wish Ford would refund all of us what we paid for this. Or, at the least give us updated maps which are current at least for the first 3 years while its under warranty. After all it is part of the vehicle isn't it?

This is interesting - from Wikipedia....

"Tele Atlas is a Netherlands-based company founded in 1984 which delivers digital maps and other dynamic content for navigation and location-based services, including personal and in-car navigation systems, and provides data used in a wide range of mobile and Internet map applications. The company competes on a global basis with companies like Navteq, as well as with local map suppliers in individual countries. Since July 30, 2008, the company has been a wholly owned subsidiary of automotive navigation system manufacturer TomTom.[4]"

I'd always thought that TomTom was good? So it isn't Telenav at fault, or .... is it?

This is interesting - from Wikipedia....

"Tele Atlas is a Netherlands-based company founded in 1984 which delivers digital maps and other dynamic content for navigation and location-based services, including personal and in-car navigation systems, and provides data used in a wide range of mobile and Internet map applications. The company competes on a global basis with companies like Navteq, as well as with local map suppliers in individual countries. Since July 30, 2008, the company has been a wholly owned subsidiary of automotive navigation system manufacturer TomTom.[4]"

I'd always thought that TomTom was good? So it isn't Telenav at fault, or .... is it?

I do not believe TelaNav and Tele Atlas are the same company.
Wikipedia lists both.

I do not believe TelaNav and Tele Atlas are the same company.
Wikipedia lists both.

I don't think they are the same company at all, but the Ford IVT Team rep suggested posting information to the Tele Atlas website and Ford is using TeleNav for navigation?

So is the problem the maps, or the navigation software, or both?

And so the mystery deepens....

What do Telenav and Tele Atlas each bring to the table?

Color me corn-fused!

My 2011 Explorer MFT has gone blank again. Received the X June 22 and had it in in July for a blank MFT screen. Tec said there was a connection that was not seated. Today when it quit the service dept advised not enough time to run update that it needed and since I have a trip planned tomorrow it means I will not even have a radio much less navigation on my trip and that screen is one of the most important parts of the purchase to begin with. I am tempted to disconnect the battery myself.

My 2011 Explorer MFT has gone blank again. Received the X June 22 and had it in in July for a blank MFT screen. Tec said there was a connection that was not seated. Today when it quit the service dept advised not enough time to run update that it needed and since I have a trip planned tomorrow it means I will not even have a radio much less navigation on my trip and that screen is one of the most important parts of the purchase to begin with. I am tempted to disconnect the battery myself.

disconnect battery or pull fuse, either way will reset MFT. 2.11 doesn't stop it from freezing or going blank, but does cause it to automatically reboot so that you don't need to pull the fuse anymore :)

Thanks that worked like a charm when I finally got to the fuse standing on my head it seemed.

Andy

I don't think they are the same company at all, but the Ford IVT Team rep suggested posting information to the Tele Atlas website and Ford is using TeleNav for navigation?
So it isn't Telenav at fault, or .... is it?
And so the mystery deepens....
What do Telenav and Tele Atlas each bring to the table?
Color me corn-fused!

Just to clarify, the SD card is supplied by TeleNav with Tele Atlas maps.

Rebecca

Thanks for clearing up the confusion Rebecca. I have now found my inner peace...

Just to clarify, the SD card is supplied by TeleNav with Tele Atlas maps.

Rebecca
OK folks, Just looked up TeleNav. Guess what? All you folks complaining about MFT must just be picky old cranks. Me too, but how can you convince Ford that they've got a problem with publicity like this:

TeleNav says....We’re also excited to share that last night TeleNav’s connected navigation application for MyFord Touch won the “Best Navigation Solution” category at the 2011 International Telematics Update Awards dinner and gala. This is a testament to our strong partnership with Ford and commitment to innovation. Congrats to both!

Gotta Love it!

Crap! I missed the 2011 International Telematics Update Awards dinner and gala?

I'm in SoCal ... and have used the system extensively in NorCal as well... It's by far the best navigation system I've used. The automatic traffic rerouting and knowledge of closed roads and exits has been awesome. I am to the point where wherever I'm going I use the navi, regardless of the fact that it's somewhere I go everyday, it knows traffic and gets me there faster.

I obviously can't speak for people in other states, but with primary use in southern california, I have not been able to find anything that gets close to the MFT navi. I wish they'd fix the other software problems, but as far as maps and traffic/incident integration go, I'm 100% satisfied.

Ford does not sell the Explorer only in Cailifornia, doe it? Works for you in CA does not mean it works everwhere else. Take your eX to a neighboring starte and you will know how great that system is.

Ford does not sell the Explorer only in Cailifornia, doe it? Works for you in CA does not mean it works everwhere else. Take your eX to a neighboring starte and you will know how great that system is.

Seriously? I qualified my statement saying "I obviously can't speak for people in other states" ... That being said I drove it to NV and had nothing but stellar results there as well ;)

I'm in So Cal ... and have used the system extensively in Nor Cal as well... It's by far the best navigation system I've used. The automatic traffic rerouting and knowledge of closed roads and exits has been awesome. I am to the point where wherever I'm going I use the navi, regardless of the fact that it's somewhere I go everyday, it knows traffic and gets me there faster.

I obviously can't speak for people in other states, but with primary use in southern California, I have not been able to find anything that gets close to the MFT navi. I wish they'd fix the other software problems, but as far as maps and traffic/incident integration go, I'm 100% satisfied.

I am so happy to see someone else is having good results with the Nav.. Leaving East TN and after a 7,640 mile trip cross country (yes, we were in Los Angeles, too) and back, there isn't much I can say that is negative about the Nav. system.

Nothing is perfect, but 99.5% of the time, we found the Nav worked well, it found us lodging, fuel, food and of course our route! Nav alerted us to traffic congestion and re-routing us a few times to avoid these.
I cannot complain, I think this system is awesome..

BTW, MFT... still running 2.4.. Build date, December 2010, purchased in March, 2011.. Am I going to upgrade soon? hmmm... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry for the tone of my post. Just frustrated with the navigation system. Obviously it only works in some areas but not others. Maybe we can set up a post where everyone report whether their navigation works or not and where they are located. This may haelp Ford to find out where the problem areas are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back