+WARNING-Phone Pad Blisters Dash

pburchins

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer Sport
Folks,

I just purchased an 2004 Explorer 4 Door Eddie Bauer Edition a month ago. It is in great shape and has only 54,000 miles on it. I had a cell phone pad for the dash in my previous vehicle. My wife saw one at the store and bought me one for my new Explorer. I put it on the dash about three weeks ago and here is a photo below showing where it has blistered the dash. Not sure what to do. At first, I thought it was glue or armor all build up and try to scrape or cut it with mineral spirits and nothing happened. I have called the company and sent them photos. So, I don't know if they will accept responsibility. The package is clearly marked Temperature resistant. So, think twice about having one of these on the dash next time. Especially in HOT climates!

Dash.jpg

WOW that sucks,sounds like that company needs to rethink there product through better..please let us kno what the company says if they ever get back to you

i've seen those - please keep one thing in mind. in the event of a collision, your phone has just become a missile. Those pads are only a step better than the "bean bag" mounts for GPS units and phones.... those turn your 10 oz. GPS into a 5 lb missile.....

Back