What is the brightest Halogen headlights for explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is the brightest Halogen headlights for explorer?

SeanEXP

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer EB
I am currently looking for a way to brighten up my headlights. I know I can get HID but I am currently not looking to send $1,000 or more on headlights right now.

What is the best bulb to place inside of my explorer to give me more light?

I have done some research for the brightest headlight (halogen) and one specific brand that popped up a few times were the Philips X-Treme Power bulbs.

I need something that I can just drop in without modifications. Any advice?

Thanks in advance:)

-Sorry Forum Mod: I placed this in the wrong forum section. Could you kindly place this in the correct section?

I meant to place this in the Stock 2001-2005 forum. Sorry for the mix up. Thanks in advance.

PIAA's are very nice and bright, plus they last too...

Thank you Oxygen for your reply and advice. :)

bulbs will be bright when new, I was going to suggest silverstars.

Over time bulbs all get dim, if it's a high wattage bulb most likely it will burn out faster since the housing will be hotter due to extra wattage.

edit: if you decide to run higher wattage bulbs or just want better performance out of the bulbs, use a relay harness to switch the battery directly to the bulbs. There are a lot of voltage drops across switches, connectors, relays... before the power gets to the bulbs. <<<a good mod for better lighting.

Back