• Register Today It's free!

Help wiring 2 kicker cvr dvc

SoCalExplo

Reaction score
City, State
SB County, Killafornia
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 4x4
I recently bought 2 kickers and im trying to wire them there 2ohm dvc 15's and im wondering if i can put them to 4 ohm or i cant? Because the amp i have runs at 1600 watts bridged 4 ohms and 800 at 2 ohms not bridged

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes you can...go to the 12volt.com and check out their wiring wizard

I did it to the specs of 12volt but only one sub was moving and then i put the two subs in 2 ohms and it sent my amp to protection mode. Wat should i do i have a autotek mean machine 1600.2

if only one was moving then something was not hooked up right going to the other sub...try re wiring it and double check it if it still doesnt work remove the subs and take a picture of how you did it

Do u think that amp is good for the subs or should i get something better it does 1600 at 4 ohm

that amp should more than enough...try to get some pics up of how its wired if not explain it step by step the best you can ...

I will try tomorrow but for right now i have only one hooked up and it bridged and i have one voice coil connected from + to - and the other to the amp. Im running 4 ga wire and 16 ga speaker wire

this is my current set up

103sps8.jpg

anyway i can get more power out the subs? is putting a 14v XS Power in the front on my truck a good idea? i was looking at the XS Power 14V D1400 AGM Battery

yes you can...go to the 12volt.com and check out their wiring wizard

I did it to the specs of 12volt but only one sub was moving and then i put the two subs in 2 ohms and it sent my amp to protection mode. Wat should i do i have a autotek mean machine 1600.2

Either this is misinformation or your both clearly not doing something right.

With two 2ohm DVC subs, from the calcs on the12volt, you can't get a 4ohm load. Only 0.5ohm, 2ohm, or 8ohm.

DISCONNECT YOUR SUBS NOW BEFORE YOUR AMP OR YOUR NEW KICKERS FRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Double check the specs for your subs. If you gave us the right specs look into a MONO amp that will give you the power your looking for with the right ohm load.

Just have a question tho......why not use the Brutus????

Either this is misinformation or your both clearly not doing something right.

With two 2ohm DVC subs, from the calcs on the12volt, you can't get a 4ohm load. Only 0.5ohm, 2ohm, or 8ohm.

DISCONNECT YOUR SUBS NOW BEFORE YOUR AMP OR YOUR NEW KICKERS FRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Double check the specs for your subs. If you gave us the right specs look into a MONO amp that will give you the power your looking for with the right ohm load.

Just have a question tho......why not use the Brutus????

I am i Just got the brutus thats the new amp powering both at 2ohm. Now my
Problem is the power i still have everything
Stock wit a interstate battery im lookin into gettin a agm battery like xs power and was wondering if a 14v version work on my explorer and will the alternator charge the battery good?

I am i Just got the brutus thats the new amp powering both at 2ohm. Now my
Problem is the power i still have everything
Stock wit a interstate battery im lookin into gettin a agm battery like xs power and was wondering if a 14v version work on my explorer and will the alternator charge the battery good?

Don't know much about 14v or 16v other than people who use it are usually running a monster system for competitions, AND their equipment, mainly amps, are rated for it.

Upgrade your battery and do the big 3. If your still having power issues then look into a high output amp.

What type of battery do u recommend?

There the CompVR 15's and there wired at 2ohms wit 1700w mono block

ok that sounds like it will work good. whats your goal now that you have it set up? whats not working like you want? or are you like me and just want to upgrade something else cuz you can lol :D

ok that sounds like it will work good. whats your goal now that you have it set up? whats not working like you want? or are you like me and just want to upgrade something else cuz you can lol :D

lol well everything is actually dimming and i need some advice on a battery that will work perfectly on my explorer. I was thinking about a XS Power 14v Battery because i can get a 12v XS Bat at the same price at 250. I saw few comments on another forum that i need to something else so i can charge the 14v battery

i would look into getting a capacitor that will store power that way it will use that power first rather than taking straight from the battery. if you still dim after that i would get a battery with a larger reserve capacity such as optima red top or one similar. iirc my red top was like 180 from advance and depending on the capacitor they probably run 50-100 not sure though cuz i dont need one for my system but than again i dont have 2 15's lol

I would recommend doing research on capacitors. They DO NOT SUSTAIN POWER. If after you upgrade your battery, do the big 3, and upgrade the power wires to your amps, you still get dimming lights look into installing a second battery and/or a high output amp.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back