• Register Today It's free!

Stonecrusher Arm Extensions?

explorer redneck

Reaction score
City, State
oldfort nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
im looking in to gettin a set of the Stonecrusher Arm Extensions. any one here run them on their xplorer. if so are how do u like them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't know they made extensions for the Ex. Thought those were for Bronco's?

i know they have steering for an Ex, but i thought that was it.

^^yea i didn't know either.look at James Duff for arms

I contacted stonecrusher yesterday. Apparently the threads on the ends of the arms are the same on both a bronco and our first gens 3/4-10. I may order a set to play around with.

I contacted stonecrusher yesterday. Apparently the threads on the ends of the arms are the same on both a bronco and our first gens 3/4-10. I may order a set to play around with.

Why would that matter if they are long arms? The axles are completely different.

don't quite get what you are getting at? The extensions thread onto your radius arms to extend them 10.5"

So they are not complete new arms?so they screw onto the ends of stock arms?that don't sound very strong to me.what or where would they mount after there extended.how much are these?

http://www.stonecrushersteering.com/OTHER_PRODUCTS.html
ok i understand better now.i still think that would be a weak spot and i don't know if you could move a stock arm mount back.think you would have to go with the hiem joint one.not bad price tho.post pics if you do go with them

It doesn't seem like the stonecrushers provide for any castor correction.... with a small amount of lift I'd think that's no biggie, but on something like mine (6" lift) one would either have to drop the radius arm pivots down a whole lot, or else castor angle is going to be way way off.

Good point

FYI:
They are the same thread as an EB radius arm too. When i got my '94 Ex the radius arm crossmember was cut out. The guy lost one of the nuts. I stole it off a spare set of EB arms I had sitting around.

All things the same, if you just extend the Radius arm, but don't lift it anymore, you are actually changing the caster.

The height of the RA mount will still be the same, but the angle of the arm will change since your bringing the end of the arm farther back. In addition, you will have less caster change when the suspension moves since the angle of the arm is less.

I can't say how much Caster it will change as I'm not doing that kind of math this early in the morning, especially before I finish my coffee.

~Mark

I should be able to use an angle finder/ protractor, to figure out stock angle then drop it to match right? I'm thinking I may do 2" of lift total. I love the stockish creeper attack lol. Low, skid plated locked front and back and decent travel. I'm just doing research now to decide if i want to throw a eb 44 up front and go to to 35s. Decisions, decisions:D

i dont see why they wouldnt be strong at all. if they atleast cover the threads/bushing area. if they go a little bit past that, even better.
and if anything, it would improve your caster. its the same as buying long arms. it would turn the angle back as it got longer

These
extensions thread onto the existing threads of your radius arm to ensure every thing is
straight before welding

Since they are made to be welded, I'd expect them to be strong BUT, I'd add some extra metal on the sides for some extra strength.

~Mark

didnt see that, i had looked at work quickly. throw some red loctite in there and it may be fine without welding tho. atleast you can get loctite undone without cutting if you wanted to sell em lol

if i keep a radius arm/coil setup on my sas, this may be a good option for me. if the arms that come with the axle are to short that is

Welds can break easier than a solid tube.i would rather pay another 100 or so and get the James duff arms

They actually work great, disciple b2 on trs used a set and to my knowledge never really had a problem, he beat on his rig too at interlake.

Welds can break easier than a solid tube.i would rather pay another 100 or so and get the James duff arms
they can yeah, but if you look at what people have been putting them through on other ford sites, they seem to be holding up pretty well, esp for something that isn't a comp rig and just sort of a daily beater type rig. Where do you get "an extra $100"? For the extensions and the brackets for the heims it costs $200 + shipping. For the Duff long arms its $565 for the kit plus shipping. I understand that the Duff kit comes with a crossmember as well, but is it really worth $365 extra for the cross member? I believe these extensions are a cheap way out for the budget minded that aren't good with fab work or don't have the equipment or time. Of course I'd still say this is good for a rec vehicle and not a comnp rig or trying to keep up with guys with crazy link systems with rockwells and 44s

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I find it hard to believe that the hemi joints are the same price as the stud ones.might wanna check on that.there is way more to a duff arm than just a 10" extension.

Back