Offical: Post your ST pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Offical: Post your ST pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have the same syndrome as I have...Mustangs and Sport Tracs(except mine are all black)

i have the same sickness....except i havent found a mustang yet

here is mine 2007 Sport trac Limited V8 4x4 79000km. Just bought it two weeks ago.

Nice, looks pretty good.

BTW - Front driver hub cap's missing. I'd ask the dealer for a new one (should be free because they should've put one on before they sold it to you).

Yeah i made sure dealer put one on when i picked it up......all 4 wheels are good now.... :)

Nice, looks pretty good.

BTW - Front driver hub cap's missing. I'd ask the dealer for a new one (should be free because they should've put one on before they sold it to you).

Limited vs XLT

I realize that The Limited is a high end sleek vehicle and I admit that I probably never knew the difference. I knew that there were different trim packages but I just liked STs. When I bought mine I did so based on looks, trade difference and mileage. Now that I know the difference I still prefer mine. I've always liked contrasting colors since the release of the Eddie Bauer F-150. The plastic can be a pain. Mine was discolored and streaked. I painted it with Dupli Color Bumper coating. First trip to a pressure wash car wash and large areas of paint came off. I'd always hand washed before. I went back to the car wash and intentionally washed off the rest. The I painted with Krylon Fusion. It was too glossy but the car wash will not affect it. Later I pained over the Fusion with Bumper coating for the right look. So far, so good. I do not regret getting an XLT. I will likely have it for a long time. I had my last F-150 for 13 years with no major repair. BTW, I contacted Dupli Color about their "excellent adhesion" and they agreed to send me a replacement can plus a can of adhesion promoter. It's been nearly 2 mos. with no replacement. I don't need it now anyway but it tells me something about their customer service.

I recently put on new wheels and tires. I am thinking about painting the chrome portion of the running board and roof rack to be a glossy black. What does everyone think about painting them black?

I can't figure out how to put a picture in this post. Any help with this would be appreciated...thanks.

That would look really good on your ST, the new wheels/tires really make it look nice...you should pick up some ST Adrenalin headlights too since they're blacked out

That looks awesome bigwheel17! I'd definitely recommend blacking out the chrome parts - just sand them down, paint them up and you should be good. Taking off those plastic valences wouldn't hurt either IMO.

Here's the pic directly linked:

(For future reference: Left click on desired image (in fullsize view), Click "Copy Image Location," then come back to EF, click little Mtn/Sun icon for images when posting, then Cntrl-V (aka paste) in URL area).

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I will definitely look into the Adrenalin headlights. I am super intrigued about getting rid of the plastic valence. I hadn't thought of doing that and I agree it would look good...maybe even look like the truck is lifted a little! Thanks for the help with posting pics.

It comes off pretty easily - mine has almost detached itself on the driver side (complements of pushing water so much probably because I don't really do much stuff that cuts my approach angle close).

Damn! It's just a little bit taller than yours (excluding the roof rack).
Still looks good though, Raptor's are just overkill to me unless you live in Arizona/New Mexico/California. It's just too big for most backwoods offroading (width/length-wise).

Holy CRAP look at this thing!! Love the color!!!

Machine,

Stock vehicles usually dont do much for me, but your setup is really nice.

On to the above pic, what are the details on that ST??? Incredible

Looks clean to me - nice work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the link and Yes your Trac looks excepetionally clean! I just ran across some pics of my Sport from 96, she looked so young and happy.

Back