• Register Today It's free!

This place depresses me

chimoman

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2011 Ltd
Well, been away from here for awhile. Have 27000 km on my X. Haven't had any problems since the last time I was on here. All I know is this is definitely a place to come and ***** about the X. Mines working great. As are two others owned by friends of mine. Cheers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't let all the whining on the 5th gen forums get you down. This site is by far the best Exploder resource anywhere. Please continue to contribute the good news stories.

For whatever reason, the 5th gen posts are a lot more volatile than gens 1-4. :scratch:

well, i would imagine the 5th gen posts are more volatile cause its a new car and the first year there will always be posts of issues that need to be sorted out.

one or two issues months ago were above 'little issues' such as the bad fans that cause overheating... that's gonna always bring concern.

i love my explorer and am happy with my purchase... but that doesnt mean there arent a few issues worth making known or voicing opinion on.

it's good to point them out because if ford values the responses then they make changes and in MY2012 people said a couple were addressed like a little more insulation at the front of the roof area to dampen rain noise and also MFT 2.11 (even though still not perfect).

Coming back from Captiva Island I noticed a bit of a-pillar noise and I do notice higher amount of rain noise occasionally... and using the navigation on the MFT was good for a laugh/entertainment (luckily we knew where we were going or had our nav apps on our phones if we really needed it) by all in the car to help pass time away while we spend an hour trying to get the voice nav to find our destination or at least some place near it to set.

but overall happy with the way the car drove and handled and still happy with my choice.

Don't let all the whining on the 5th gen forums get you down. This site is by far the best Exploder resource anywhere. Please continue to contribute the good news stories.

For whatever reason, the 5th gen posts are a lot more volatile than gens 1-4. :scratch:

Well, been away from here for awhile. Have 27000 km on my X. Haven't had any problems since the last time I was on here. All I know is this is definitely a place to come and ***** about the X. Mines working great. As are two others owned by friends of mine. Cheers.

Well its probably true more problems arrive to this site, but I (and I'm sure others) like hearing the good stories - and you just delivered 3 :)

Thank you!

I love my 2011 Explorer more than all 3 of my previous Audi A4s spanning a decade. No big problems.

chimoman - I'm in Toronto area and looking to buy a Limited this month, and also wondering about the extended warranty and maintenance plans. If you don't mind me asking, what type of deal did you and your two compatriots get?

I'm thinking 3-4% off MSRP plus Costco discount at the moment for vehicle, but have nothing on maintenance/warranty plans.

well, i would imagine the 5th gen posts are more volatile cause its a new car and the first year there will always be posts of issues that need to be sorted out.

But this site has been in existence for a long time. I started here just after the 3rd gen came out. I saw plenty of complaints about the 3rd gen (2002 model year), but nowhere near the volume as I see for the 5th.

Same holds true for the 4th gen (pretty quiet bunch too).

Just an observation.

Hopefully we can convince some of the new 5th gen users to drop their wannabe status now. Lots of them out there. :D

In June I got a Limited for 6.25% below Sticker. Not sure how good that was.

chimoman - I'm in Toronto area and looking to buy a Limited this month, and also wondering about the extended warranty and maintenance plans. If you don't mind me asking, what type of deal did you and your two compatriots get?

I'm thinking 3-4% off MSRP plus Costco discount at the moment for vehicle, but have nothing on maintenance/warranty plans.

Ford of Canada is offerring Employee pricing which is "A" Plan Pricing plus Costco so you should do better then 3-4% off MSRP

Extended Warranty is much cheaper if purchased in the US.

Ford of Canada is offerring Employee pricing which is "A" Plan Pricing plus Costco so you should do better then 3-4% off MSRP

Yeah I'm thinking about trying to get that deal this month, A Plan less 3-4% less $1,000 Costco, but not taking delivery until December when they usually offer more incentives.

I've been browsing this site for months as I ordered a 2012 Explorer months ago (I live in the Dominican Republic so the wait time is longer). I almost decided against MFT because of this forum but I have 3 friends with Explorers all with MFT and they all tell me to go for it as they've had no problems with it. Not only that, they go as far as telling me that the system is what makes the Explorer different and they wouldn't have bought it without it. Go figure. I guess I'll have to wait and see (getting mine in about 2 weeks WITH MFT).

My first post, woot!

I've been browsing this site for months as I ordered a 2012 Explorer months ago (I live in the Dominican Republic so the wait time is longer). I almost decided against MFT because of this forum but I have 3 friends with Explorers all with MFT and they all tell me to go for it as they've had no problems with it. Not only that, they go as far as telling me that the system is what makes the Explorer different and they wouldn't have bought it without it. Go figure. I guess I'll have to wait and see (getting mine in about 2 weeks WITH MFT).

My first post, woot!

Congratulations!! Let us know how things go! I'm hoping they've fixed all the minor nuisances.

I saw plenty of complaints about the 3rd gen (2002 model year), but nowhere near the volume as I see for the 5th.

Same holds true for the 4th gen (pretty quiet bunch too).

That's because no one bought the 4th gen.

If the forum would have been around for the launch of the 1st or 2nd gens, I'd imagine there would have been lots of people complaining about this and that. Most people go to forums because they have a problem.

That's because no one bought the 4th gen.

If the forum would have been around for the launch of the 1st or 2nd gens, I'd imagine there would have been lots of people complaining about this and that. Most people go to forums because they have a problem.
And partially because vehicles back then were more utilitarian (including putting function before form -- ex: visibility) than today's - not entertainment systems with an optional feature that could get you from point A to point B. There was no bluetooth integration so if you wanted to make a call, break out the cell phone and start dialing.

Is the warranty accepted in Canada? I've been wathcing the site to see what kind of deals are coming out. My Dealer wanted over 3k for a warranty. Laughed all the way out of his office across the dealership showroom, Laughed all the way to my X. Set in my beautiful leather seats and started to sob like a little school girl. Why you ask? They have us by the short and curlies. If you purchase a warranty from the states I think you need an address. Is that correct?

My thoughts and prayers go out tonight to those who lost their lives in the plane crash involving the Russian hockey team. Especially to their family and young ones.

Is the warranty accepted in Canada? ..... If you purchase a warranty from the states I think you need an address. Is that correct?

1) The warranty is absolutely accepted in both the US and Canada
2) They need a US address on the contract as a determinant as to what jurisdiction the contract applies to. My plan is to use my company's US address, but I could easily set up a mailbox in Buffalo, drive there, sign the contract in the US and be 100% completely legal as contract was signed in US.

So .... go laugh at your dealer - you're not that far from the border and you save about $1,700 so that post office box is CHEAP! ;)

Hi chimoman
I too am in the GTA more specifically in Mississauga. We recently purchased an EX limited 4wd in August. It is a demo that had 5000km. With the ford employee pricing plus some haggling we got about 10% of the original sticker. We were probably able to get that because it was a demo. Btw there wasn't any Costco discount during Ford employee pricing. We purchased the extended warranty which came in handy when our car overheated and a rental was included. If you haggle enough you can get a few points off on the extended warranty too

Hope that helps

Actually, I am asking Ford Canada if Employee Pricing includes the Extended Warranty ... I think it does, but don't know how much off.

Actually, I am asking Ford Canada if Employee Pricing includes the Extended Warranty ... I think it does, but don't know how much off.

Whoa that would be great. Let me know if that is the case. Is employee pricing still in effect?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1) The warranty is absolutely accepted in both the US and Canada
2) They need a US address on the contract as a determinant as to what jurisdiction the contract applies to. My plan is to use my company's US address, but I could easily set up a mailbox in Buffalo, drive there, sign the contract in the US and be 100% completely legal as contract was signed in US.

So .... go laugh at your dealer - you're not that far from the border and you save about $1,700 so that post office box is CHEAP! ;)

Found this online. Take it for what it's worth.. I called Ford Canada back in March or April and got the same crap. I have also read the contract and nowhere does it mention registered or otherwise. The contract also mentions Canada in several areas CORY CAN YOU GET AN ANSWER PLEASE> THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

:yelexp:Today I got a call from Jennifer and Ford of Canada, who advised that the purchase from an online site for the Ford ESP was only valid on vehicles REGISTERED to a US address. Then that vehicle if moved or is travelling is covered in the US and Canada.:exporange

The alluded that these online sites were NOT for vehicles Registered in Canada.

Back