2011 Durango vs. Explorer "Tug Of War" Commercial | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Durango vs. Explorer "Tug Of War" Commercial

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No roaring engines, no screeching smoking tires... and they were going like 2 mph doesnt seem like either could generate enough power at that RPM to pull the other. Just doesnt seem real.

No roaring engines, no screeching smoking tires... and they were going like 2 mph doesnt seem like either could generate enough power at that RPM to pull the other. Just doesnt seem real.

Agreed. Pretty lame. Seems odd that all four wheels wouldnt be spinning and bouncing.

And what engine was in the durango? If it was the V8 Hemi then its not a fair comparison now is it.

Anyone know why Ford hasnt put out any commercials for the Ex yet?

What are they waiting for? Perhaps for all the kinks to get worked out?

Saw that ad on TV one day. I thought it would be a good idea for Ford to develop an AD around this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp1m4f8PW5g

Maybe "If you want a hot car try the new Dodge Durango, of course if you would rather be cool, try the all new Ford Explorer".....FORD Drive one!

Hey....what the heck!!! :D

Saw that ad on TV one day. I thought it would be a good idea for Ford to develop an AD around this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp1m4f8PW5g

Maybe "If you want a hot car try the new Dodge Durango, of course if you would rather be cool, try the all new Ford Explorer".....FORD Drive one!

Hey....what the heck!!! :D

true, but it's not like the explorer hasn't gotten a little too hot either. see the engine overheating threads!

There was an auto review I read about the ford vs dodge, and they discussed this commercial and at the bottom it says option Hemi V8 used in comparison. V6 to V6 the Ford would win on power alone, assuming the AWD system didn't freak out or something.

4x4 Durango against a 2wd Explorer - like comparing apples and oranges (I did not say lemons - love my Explorer 4wd) - of course it will drag... only selected truths in advertising - like political sound bites out of context.

Explorer is only Front Wheel drive in the test...

Maybe Ford does not need the commercials because the vehicle is selling itself..?

Agreed. Pretty lame. Seems odd that all four wheels wouldnt be spinning and bouncing.

And what engine was in the durango? If it was the V8 Hemi then its not a fair comparison now is it.

Anyone know why Ford hasnt put out any commercials for the Ex yet?

What are they waiting for? Perhaps for all the kinks to get worked out?

Ford may have lost in the commercial. But in this one Ford dominates the Chevy. Totally unrelated to crossovers like the new Explorer, but its a Ford win!

Not sure bout the first video, im sure its staged. That second video rocks! :notworthy

Not for nothing... but that Dodge commercial is a joke. Lets see, the rear explorer wheels are rolling backwards and the front wheels are locked in position... clearly it's staged for advertising. (Not that i'd expect the explorer to beat a Hemi Durango anyways... but on that note, does Ford offer a V8 still? I say "best vs best" in a class is still a fair comparison. If the best Ford has to offer is a V6, why should Dodge be forced to compare a lower model of theirs vs the top model of Fords??)

No comparison......Dodge looses more than 50percent value, it can win all tug of wars it want to but ain't worth nothing as soon as you drive off that lot

What a lame commercial- as bad as politics in this country.

Not for nothing... but that Dodge commercial is a joke. Lets see, the rear explorer wheels are rolling backwards and the front wheels are locked in position... clearly it's staged for advertising. (Not that i'd expect the explorer to beat a Hemi Durango anyways... but on that note, does Ford offer a V8 still? I say "best vs best" in a class is still a fair comparison. If the best Ford has to offer is a V6, why should Dodge be forced to compare a lower model of theirs vs the top model of Fords??)

Clearly Dodge's demographic with this thing is the Manly-Man types, but I'd like to see that V-8 pass by a gas station without stopping - not likely to happen much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that Durango-Explorer is pretty silly considering their focus is towing capability... Is that the best they can come up with?:D Does the durango excel the explorer elsewhere other than towing?

Back