problems accelrating when the wheel is turned... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

problems accelrating when the wheel is turned...

bluebeast

Reaction score
City, State
buras, la
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 explorer xlt awd
hey guys im here again because my ex seems to at times be slow to gain speed when turning out of a drive way or business its not all the time it just every so often i mean its like something wont turn and it bogs the engine down then once its going and shifts to 2nd and goes normally anyone experience this before i have an awd 4.0 v6 xlt 03 model

13 views no guesses or help i really need to know what this could be i have 102000 miles on the truck and have did a fluid change regularly spark plugs change fuel filter only thing left is tranny and diff fluid.

If you said it was 4x4 I would have guess automatic engagement / binding of the front wheels on a dry road, but I don't think AWD reacts like that...

Also you're post is only an hr or so old, we all to 'live' on the board so hang tight, someone one may have some suggestions :thumbsup:

There is a TSB for the 02 year but maybe it's relevant to you:

TSB 04-25-2

12/27/04

HESITATION DURING HARD SWEEPING RIGHT TURNS
FORD:
2002 Explorer
MERCURY:
2002 Mountaineer

This article supersedes TSB 01-13-4 to update the Service Procedure.
ISSUE
A hesitation while making hard sweeping right hand turns (such as a highway on-ramp) may be felt on some vehicles. This condition may be due to fuel pump cavitation, as a result of fuel sloshing away from the filter sock in the fuel tank.

Back