Recommended battery for truck with audio system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recommended battery for truck with audio system

SoCalExplo

Reaction score
City, State
SB County, Killafornia
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 4x4
What type of battery do u guys recommend for my truck optima xs power or kinetik and what model fits the truck thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

optima yellow top! red top wil do the trick too, but depending on how much power your system is drawing id go safe and get a yellow top. if you cant stretch out for a yellow top just make sure its a deep cycle. you might want to also think about investing in a capacitor.

Well i just got 2 15s and a brutus amp and my needle dances crazy even while driving

I run Batcap. XS power is good, Kinetik, Shiruken.

I would run Batcap or XS if you can.

I have 2 18"s, here's my batts.

Up front

DSCN0520.jpg

In the rear

DSCN0427.jpg

I really think you should step up and get some big cables:eek: :D

XS D6500 cost me I wanna say a lil over 300$ also got a D1200 in the back for about 80$ and a DC Power 270 amp alt so I can support 6000+ watts but I only have 4000 for now.

Get a red top optima and call it a day

I'm gonna go with LONO100 on this one and say Optima yellow top as well....IF a car audio battery (XS, Kinetik, etc.) that fits your truck AND your setup is outside your budget.

IMO a good battery (Optima or better), doing the big 3 upgrade, and running the correct wire size for your setup is more than enough. Caps are just for momentary stability. If you have it wired up correctly and still getting a "dancing" volt meter (LOL), its time to look into upgrading your alternator and/or adding a second battery.

Back