2012 Explorer MPG better than 2011 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Explorer MPG better than 2011

I'm currently getting 11 litre per 100 km in the city with 17800 miles on it. It was rated for 12.5

I am looking at my sticker and it says 23mpg/32mpg so where are you getting the 18mpg

There is a difference between US and UK (CA) MPG. UK 23 is about 19 US.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a difference between US and UK (CA) MPG. UK 23 is about 19 US.

See everything is better in Canakistan. Thx. Obviously I'm having trouble breathing with my head stuck up my ass. That's why I didn't pick up on that.

Cheers.

See everything is better in Canakistan. Thx. Obviously I'm having trouble breathing with my head stuck up my ass. That's why I didn't pick up on that.

Cheers.

For the longest time I didn't even know they used an MPG measurement for UK or Canada or anywhere besides the US and a couple other countries, let alone that the MPG was different than US MPG. It was only when I was reading the F-150 forums and they were talking about their mileage did I find that they used MPG in that way.

I lived in MI up until two years ago, been to many parts of Canada, and always remember seeing Liters. Ah well.

Can you tell me when you noticed a big change in gas mileage? I have just under 5000KM on mine and still getting 13.5 litres per 100\KM in the city

I'm currently getting 11 litre per 100 km in the city with 17800 miles on it. It was rated for 12.5

I am looking at my sticker and it says 23mpg/32mpg so where are you getting the 18mpg

Has anyone else observed the immediate bounce up of the Tripometers MPG calc when you lay off the gas pedal and hit the brake? My 5 week old 2012 Limited seems to jump up .1 MPG (or more) almost every brake during the first 60-70 miles of a tank. It also seems to be more prevalent at higher speeds than lower -- does current vehicle speed enter into that particular MPG calculation?

More disconcerting to me is a serious highway MPG deficiency -- first 4 hr road trip I took in it last week only reported 20.4 MPG (confirmed by manual calculation at the gas pump - the tripometer gas consumption was only 0.2 gallons off). Yes, I cruised at 77-78 mph, which seemed to peg the tach around 2300-2500 rpm, depending on the topography. Houston, do I have a problem?

Coasting (in gear) is like free mpg....the instant reads infinity mpg from coast until the car has to idle again

letting off the gas cuts the fuel to the injectors so you get amazing fuel economy numbers for a short distance, once the injectors fire up as the vehicle speed gets low and the tranny downshifts to lower gears the fuel economy numbers get really bad.

The sticker for my 2012 Limited, 4WD, tow package, moon roof is marked at 18/25

You might want to double check your sticker, 2012 Limited 4WD is 17/23

Back