Put my stuff on the TL (how loud my woofers are) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Put my stuff on the TL (how loud my woofers are)

jtbuck92

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Limited 4.6L
147 @ 34 or 36 hz, one of the two. A buddy and I did this today. Leaky box. So leaky!

We tested for 30 hz to 50 hz. It was 145+ in that range. My peak may different when I build a new enclosure.

Anyways, equipment:

2 Fi Bl 18's in 14.6 ~27 hz (according to winisd)
2 eD 9.1's (~2400w)
1 Batcap 3k and 3 Batcap 2000's
stock alt

On tones, dropping down into high 12's. I thought I was going to peak higher than the mid 30's. Still have a lot to work. I have a little flex on the rear doors

So, that's my first TL score with my system. Not a meter system, a daily system for the lows. But now that I've TL'd it, I have to raise my score.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice score. pics of box! were you able to keep it under the rear seat line? i have 2 15" AA Havocs, i wanted 18s but it would be tough to give em enough air and keep it under the seat line

No my rear seats are taken out and it's above window line. The box is about 44w x 45d x 20.5h.

I will have a new box soon that I will take pictures of. This one is fugly.

Since this is still open, I did a 149.2 on 2 dc xl 18's @ 35-36 hz on music only on 2400 rated rms. Same amps.

Back