NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
Hey fellas and gals;
I finally made the decision to get rid of my third gen. I love it but I cant keep up with its expensive ways... With the transmission going out, the abs system is shot, and the timing chain tensioner starting to ever so slightly rattle. I'm going back to a second gen, or I will get an Xterra. Thanks to all who have helped me with my 3rd gen.

If you want anything aftermarket off of my third gen let me know and we can work out a price on it.

I have black headlights and corners, set of 4 stock 17" rims, Mesh Grille, 4th gen mirrors (I will be getting heated third gens soon), tow hooks, and cold air intake (TRADE ONLY FOR STOCK AIR BOX).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much would you like for the headlights and grill and intake? Will give you mine too no problem.

Intake wont work with an 03. Its for any V6 04-10. The grille I wont let go for anything under $150 + shipping, after I find a stock grille. Lights would be 50-60 plus shipping and I would expect the stock headlights before I ship these.

Sorry to hear about the demise of the '05 Ironman.

Nate, I might be interested in the tow hooks and the mesh grille. I tried finding a close-up picture of the grille, but haven't had any luck. Could you please post one?

Thanks. :D

Rondo, in all honesty the 05 will probably end up sitting in my storage garage (reason why I got it ;) ) until December. So its the end for a few months.
--The wife yelled at me for wanting to sell the X, because she loves it so much. So I kind of resigned to selling it and just decided to store it, just to keep things peaceful.
--By december I should have enough to replace the transmission and get her road worthy once again. Just with the rate things are going she's going to give out soon; well the transmission is. I have to get the transmission replaced by Febuary so it can become the baby transporter. Until then its the end of the third gen... Nothing really to happen with it...

EDIT:
I actually have no close up pics of my grille, but I can get one soon.
And tow hooks I'd want.... $20 + shipping.

Just to everyone, I wont sell until I have a replacement part to go on my truck...

just found the thread. sorry to hear things arent working out.

do you still have your old safari bar? and how much for the 4th gen mirrors and are they heated? i could send you back my mirrors and even my stock grille to offset the cost?

oh and how much for the ironman rear bumper thingy...and for your skid plate?

Are you getting rid of the bull bar too?
Sorry just saw this...

Rondo, in all honesty the 05 will probably end up sitting in my storage garage (reason why I got it ;) ) until December. So its the end for a few months.
--The wife yelled at me for wanting to sell the X, because she loves it so much. So I kind of resigned to selling it and just decided to store it, just to keep things peaceful.
--By december I should have enough to replace the transmission and get her road worthy once again. Just with the rate things are going she's going to give out soon; well the transmission is. I have to get the transmission replaced by Febuary so it can become the baby transporter. Until then its the end of the third gen... Nothing really to happen with it...

EDIT:
I actually have no close up pics of my grille, but I can get one soon.
And tow hooks I'd want.... $20 + shipping.

Just to everyone, I wont sell until I have a replacement part to go on my truck...

Definitely interested in both the grille and the tow hooks. I seem to remember you removing the lower valance from the front bumper area, indicated by the white arrrows. I would be interested in that as well:

2002ExplorerFrontEndMarkUp.jpg

very interested in your rims. give me a price range+pictures

Rondo. I remember seeing a pic of your truck with one of the foglight bezels missing(yellow arrow) I have a few extra if your interested

Rondo. I remember seeing a pic of your truck with one of the foglight bezels missing(yellow arrow) I have a few extra if your interested

Very good memory. I am missing everything indicated by the arrows. It was like that when I bought it. I would be interested! Trying to source all the parts to complete the front bumper area. It's not going as fast as I would like due to being out of work since Jan '10. My guess is that they previous owner smashed the front and repaired just enough to make it legal to drive. :dunno:

picture.php

Thanks for the close up. Is that Nate's Ex?

Correct. He showed me where to get it on ebay but everything is done here lol. I probably have to pass up on the grille as I'm awaiting a response on some Adrenalin wheels.

just found the thread. sorry to hear things arent working out.

do you still have your old safari bar? and how much for the 4th gen mirrors and are they heated? i could send you back my mirrors and even my stock grille to offset the cost?
oh and how much for the ironman rear bumper thingy...and for your skid plate?
Safari bar was sold to someone in california two months ago.
Ironman bumper wont leave the truck as the holes are already drilled in there. Skid plate will stay on the truck. Its too big to ship.
4th gen mirrors are not heated, just power with puddle lamp. I plan on replacing those soon with 4th gen mounty mirrors with chrome caps.

Are you getting rid of the bull bar too?
Sorry just saw this...
Brush Guard stays with the truck.

Very good memory. I am missing everything indicated by the arrows. It was like that when I bought it. I would be interested! Trying to source all the parts to complete the front bumper area. It's not going as fast as I would like due to being out of work since Jan '10. My guess is that they previous owner smashed the front and repaired just enough to make it legal to drive. :dunno:
I have a lower valance I could give to you for shipping.
Tow hooks like I said $20 + shipping. I'll have to get the nut plate out of the frame, unless you are fine with the Brush guard frame mounts and bolts (which are easier to put on and just as strong [MillerTimeX17 used bull bar mounting and never had an issue]). The regular nut plate requires removal of the bumper.
The grille, you would have to wait until I got a replacement. It'd be $150 + shipping. But im not looking to sell that right away.
If you want any kind of stock front end parts there was a large amount of 2002's dropped off at my local junkyards. I can get you almost whatever you need. Let me know.

very interested in your rims. give me a price range+pictures
All info you need is below:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329821

I have a lower valance I could give to you for shipping. Tow hooks like I said $20 + shipping. I'll have to get the nut plate out of the frame, unless you are fine with the Brush guard frame mounts and bolts (which are easier to put on). The regular nut plate requires removal of the bumper.
The grille, you would have to wait until I got a replacement. It'd be $150 + shipping. But im not looking to sell that right away.

Nate, I'll take the tow hooks and the valance as long as shipping doesn't put the price over the top with the heavy tow hooks. Shipping would be to 01607. Let me know what the total is and I will PayPal you.

Thanks! :salute:

Nate, I'll take the tow hooks and the valance as long as shipping doesn't put the price over the top with the heavy tow hooks. Shipping would be to 01607. Let me know what the total is and I will PayPal you.

Thanks! :salute:

I'd send the tow hooks via flat rate box so they would only be $8-10 shipped. The valance is going to be an odd item to ship so I will see on the price of that. It may have to be done via greyhound. I would prefer the money sent by money order as I cant get the money to my bank through paypal. I am a trusted seller so I wont scam you or anything.

Like I mentioned in my last post, I can get you any part you need off of a 2002. Just PM me. None of those parts you need should cost much.

And I'm out of town until October 5th, so I cant get anything sent until then.

I'd send the tow hooks via flat rate box so they would only be $8-10 shipped. The valance is going to be an odd item to ship so I will see on the price of that. It may have to be done via greyhound. I would prefer the money sent by money order as I cant get the money to my bank through paypal. I am a trusted seller so I wont scam you or anything.

Like I mentioned in my last post, I can get you any part you need off of a 2002. Just PM me. None of those parts you need should cost much.

And I'm out of town until October 5th, so I cant get anything sent until then.

Nate, you are trusted. I have dealt with you before on the mirrors. No issues sending the money order. I know when Joe Dirt sent the cargo shade he sent it in a round tubular container. Maybe an option? :dunno:

Get me a total and I will forward a money order. shipping to 01607.

Thanks man. You are a true patriot. :usa: :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Harris i'm sorry to hear your leaving our generation, but i was hoping you could enlighten us on all the aftermarket parts you have so that way we know of all the things that you are willing to sell and wont be transferring over to a different car. I would love to know what you are willing to let go before asking on something. Thanks in advance.

- Stephen

Back