Keeper's Explorer. Take two. | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keeper's Explorer. Take two.

Welcome to my new registry. This is my 2000 Explorer XLT. Bought it from the original owner for $3,400. Came with the owners manual, and the paper work to prove it's been dealer maintained. When I purchased the Ex, it had 111,000 on the odometer, a small tear in the leather of the drivers seat, some sand in the back( take it the guy was a surfer, found a few surf board fins in the jack storage area). Gonna do a alignment when I get the chance, and start transferring all my mods from my Sport into this.

As she stands when I brought her home.

101_1666.jpg

101_1667.jpg

101_1668.jpg

101_1669.jpg

101_1670.jpg

How she currently stands.
102_0769.jpg

04/07/11

Current Mods:

Interior:

Exterior:

Lighting:
  • Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights.
  • x2 Hella 500 driving lights.
  • Fog light/ High beam mod.
  • LED Puddle lights, license plate lights.

Engine:4.0L SOHC

Suspension and Brakes

Drive Train

Projects for the future:
  • Quick disconnects for front and rear sway bar.
  • Possibly LS up front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hadn't even thought of adding an amp. I've no experience when it comes to vehicle audio, so maybe with a bit of research I'll add that to my to-do list.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

No real additions to the Explorer lately, haven't had the chance with school ramping back up, and moving. Barely getting settled into my new place. Only minor maintenance issues, mainly my drivers side exterior door handle broke again...I had already replaced it once.

To remedy this situation I ordered two new handles from Rockauto and will be doing the work to replace this bad boy once again. I'll throw up some pictures of the work, and the busted part and hopefully you gentlemen can tell me what's causing this.

No real additions to the Explorer lately, haven't had the chance with school ramping back up, and moving. Barely getting settled into my new place. Only minor maintenance issues, mainly my drivers side exterior door handle broke again...I had already replaced it once.

To remedy this situation I ordered two new handles from Rockauto and will be doing the work to replace this bad boy once again. I'll throw up some pictures of the work, and the busted part and hopefully you gentlemen can tell me what's causing this.

Stop using it and it will not break..:p:

Make sure to get a window net and removable steering wheel while youre at it.:thumbsup:

Lube the piss out of them new handles & all moving parts (not electrical) with some white lithium spray on grease. That should help a bunch.

Do you get water inside the doors at all? Check the lower window seal for cracks or gaps.

How have I not seen you around Fullerton/Placentia/Brea yet?

Well the rain let up and I got some time to get down to business and fix the drivers door handle.

The broken handle...this was a replacement for the OEM.
102_0796.jpg

Ensure you un-clip this little yellow thing and take the connecting rod outta the handle, and vice-verse for the install.
102_0798.jpg

Here's an inside shot what the door will look like when the handle is pulled out.
102_0795.jpg

With the new handle assembly partially installed.
102_0797.jpg

Let's see how long this one last.

With school winding down I've finally found some free time to start tackling some maintenance on Take Two, yesterday I slapped a new set of Moog sway bar end links on her and gave her a half assed bath. The new end links definitely tightened things up a bit. Got a lot more to do, any of you fine gentlemen care to aid me in this venture? Being in my current apartment I don't have the opportunity work on her as much. Plus some added experience would be awesome, I'll throw in six pack of your choice. :thumpsup:

Do those moogs seem like they will last longer? Im torn between getting those and ditching the whole sway bar. I blow through a set a year. Right now neither end link has any bushings left, and the one is all bent up. What did they cost you?

Let me know when you want to do it, and if your up to driving to my place we can use my garage. Next couple of weeks are kinda nutty being the holidays, but I'm off work between x-mas and the new year:thumbsup:

Thanks Steve, mind pm'ing me your number, got a new phone..

Will do;) You don't have to worry about seeing your old rig all hacked up too, because it's at my dads :p:

Yesterday I rolled over to Steve's place to do a bit of work on Take Two. Our plan for the day consisted of new LBJ, and out tie rod ends. All went fairly well except pulling the old ball joints, after much slamming and twisting we couldn't get the knuckle to pop off, so we took a sawzall to the lowers the pressed them out. Other then that nothing eventful. Had a good time hanging with Steve and doing something useful with my time.

Here's take two and JP.

IMG_6974.jpg

And the only shot I got of the work in progress.

IMG_6030.jpg

Glad I could help:thumbsup: Let me know if you help with the uppers;)

Here's a few pictures from Truckhaven, Take Two tagged alone pretty well with the big boys, only a few scratches and some blown front sway bar end link bushings.

Thaven1.jpg

Thaven2.jpg

Thaven3.jpg

Thaven4.jpg

Thaven5.jpg

Thaven6.jpg

Thaven7.jpg

Thaven8.jpg

Thaven9.jpg

Thaven10.jpg

Back