Did you notice this little detail on your '03? Or am I crazy? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did you notice this little detail on your '03? Or am I crazy?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know you are, not sure about him. I don't get all hot and bothered when someone bashes one of my teams, but I can play the game too! :) I tried sending you a reply to your previous message about 25 minutes ago, but when I hit the submit message button, the screen froze and I got a message that the "web site server was too busy" and couldn't get back in till now.
I laughed at your 2-1 comment and you have good reason to be confident today. Weather right now is upper 70's, slight breeze and partly sunny. Enjoy the game and I'll be in touch if the Bills win ;) BTW, it was the movie "Blazing Saddles" where I heard that phrase before. Been quite a while since I seen it even though it gets re-run on TV each year. Funny movie.

Yep, just yankin your chain!! And that Bears jab didnt feel good! All we need is a quarterback.... I think we went thru 21 of them during Brant Farvre's career....

As much as it hurts sometimes, still look forward to watching them, hoping for the best today against the Fudge.

Its all good fun on this site! When you make fun of Brady & Bills, it is only because you wish your team had a QB of his caliber. Man I wish I just didnt say that...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you make fun of Brady & Bills, it is only because you wish your team had a QB of his caliber. Man I wish I just didnt say that...

But you did say it! :p:

Bledsoe put us on the map and Brady has made us a household name. Pretty unexpected, but I'm not complaining!:D

Likewise my friend!!

No one circles the wagons like THE BUFFALO BILLS! 3-0 I can't tell you how big the smile is on my face right now. :D:D:D I wonder if Greenmachine knows who the Bills are now? They'll be the talk of football all week. Get QB Fitzpatrick and RB Jackson on your fantasy teams.

>>>>>>>>>As far as the Bills go: I know the fans are excited about a 2-0 start, but they will also enjoy the 2-1 start>>>>>>>>>>

BR, do you enjoy the Pats 2-1 start? :p: After the Pats blew a 21-0 lead into the 2nd qtr. Brady and Welker are a machine, but Ocho-stinko dropped a gimme TD pass. I hate Ocho-stinko always have, don't like showboating fools in football. I hope Belichick had a talk with about him that stuff prior to signing him. Buffalo boy TE Gronkowski will be a great one for the Pats. Good game, exciting, my heart can't take too many more of these.

>>>>>>>>
Yep, just yankin your chain!! And that Bears jab didnt feel good! >>>>>>>>>>>

I figured as much, thats why I gave you the Bears jab back, yanking your chain. I took a look at your Illinois tab prior to the posting my message comeback to see what team was in your area.

>>>>>>>All we need is a quarterback.... I think we went thru 21 of them during Brant Farvre's career....>>>>>>>>

Cutler is good, has a strong arm. Sounds like the Bears need a offensive line.

>>>>>>>>>As much as it hurts sometimes, still look forward to watching them, hoping for the best today against the Fudge.>>>>>>>>>>>

The Fudge have a weak defense like the Pats do, but great offenses.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Its all good fun on this site! When you make fun of Brady & Bills, it is only because you wish your team had a QB of his caliber. Man I wish I just didnt say that...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What BR said about this comment of yours! Yep on the fun BTW!

>>>>>>>>>>
Brady has made us a household name. QUOTE]>>>>>>>>>>>

I agree! Without Brady, the Pats are an average team. Brady makes the WR's and TE's on the Pats better than they would be on some other team. Who would have thought a 7th round pick out of college would be such a great pro QB? Lot of college scouts blew his ranking. Hey, why did the Pats get rid of DB Merriweather this year? I thought he was good. BTW, the bookie's got me again this week. Been a tough year to pick games, too many strange ones.

No one surrounds the wagons like THE BUFFALO BILLS! 3-0 I can't tell you how big the smile is on my face right now. :D:D:D I wonder if Greenmachine knows who the Bills are now? They'll be the talk of football all week. Get QB Fitzpatrick and RB Jackson on your fantasy teams.

>>>>>>>>>As far as the Bills go: I know the fans are excited about a 2-0 start, but they will also enjoy the 2-1 start>>>>>>>>>>

BR, do you enjoy the Pats 2-1 start? :p: After the Pats blew a 21-0 lead into the 2nd qtr. Brady and Welker are a machine, but Ocho-stinko dropped a gimme TD pass. I hate Ocho-stinko always have, don't like showboating fools in football. I hope Belichick had a talk with about that stuff prior to signing him. Buffalo boy TE Gronkowski will be a great one for the Pats. Good game, exciting, my heart can't take too many more of these.

>>>>>>>>>>
Brady has made us a household name. QUOTE]>>>>>>>>>>>

I agree! Without Brady, the Pats are an average team. Brady makes the WR's and TE's on the Pats better than they would be on some other team. Who would have thought a 7th round pick out of college would be such a great pro QB? Lot of college scouts blew his ranking. Hey, why did the Pats get rid of DB Merriweather this year? I thought he was good. BTW, the bookie's got me again this week. Been a tough year to pick games, too many strange ones.

Nice win for you guys! :party:

I agree with the ocho-stinko comment. I don't care about your past. What have you done for me lately? :dunno:

Don't know about Meriweather? Would like to have him right now!!

Sorry about the bookies taking your funds. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the 1st place in the AFC East. Although, the Jets are winning with 9:00 left in the 1st half.

See you on New Year's Day. Revenge is sweet!:D Hopefully the game will mean something.

Enjoy the rest of the games. :cool:

Good games today! Unfortunately the one I am watching right now is making my dinner want to come up.... Man this sure looks like the makings of another tough year for Chicago!!! Ah, found the remote and looking for a different game...

Maybe I will just go sit in the Ex for awhile, always makes me feel better...

My. 03. Limited don't have door badges either. I was told. Ford did a cost cutting for that year. So they omitted . The door badges

My. 03. Limited don't have door badges either. I was told. Ford did a cost cutting for that year. So they omitted . The door badges

That would make sense. I have also noticed that on plastic trim piece above the outside handle on the back hatch are not painted but are plain plastic on other '03 models as well. I have always found this odd as the trim on the rear of my '02xls is factory painted. I always thought it looked stupid unpainted.

Your comment would then make sense.

man this makes me a little depressed i never noticed this before, :( but im not sure what you mean mike if your talking about the area that the "CRACKen" appears then mine is painted factory color

man this makes me a little depressed i never noticed this before, :( but im not sure what you mean mike if your talking about the area that the "CRACKen" appears then mine is painted factory color

No, the panel directly below the panel that cracks. I've noticed a lot of other exs where they are not painted.. I'll find a photo.

This black plastic piece left unpainted on later year models:

cnpca9431a-vi.jpg

Ive seen that before too, but ive also seen a thing where the crack piece is in three pices and looks similar to tjay, mine is all paint matched so one thing I got right

>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>Nice win for you guys! :party: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks, appreciated! LOL on the icon. From watching the local news after the game, there was a lot of partying going on at the stadium. People going nuts in the parking lots. The local cops received a tip prior to the game that if the Bills won the game, the fans were going to storm the field and tear down the field goal posts. They didn't, but I'm sure a bunch of people got arrested for drunk and stupid. I'll see what this mornings newspaper has to say. Bunch of my old co-workers at the jail work security for the Bills games. At 5:30pm long after the game ended I went outside my house, and I could still hear a roar coming from the crowd at the stadium.

>>>>>>>>>>>I agree with the ocho-stinko comment. I don't care about your past. What have you done for me lately? :dunno:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I never understood why he was rated so high as a receiver. Average at best. Too bad the NFL doesn't keep track of dropped passes versus balls caught ratio.

>>>>>>Sorry about the bookies taking your funds. :rolleyes:>>>>>>

I'll make it up on another week. I don't go nuts with the bet sizes like some people do. I keep a handle on it and it's fun.

>>>>>>>>>>>Congrats on the 1st place in the AFC East. Although, the Jets are winning with 9:00 left in the 1st half.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks again! It feels good for a change. Sabres are also 4-0 in pre-season. Good news, Jets took a dump and lost! Bills all alone in first place for now.

>>>>>>>See you on New Year's Day. Revenge is sweet!:D >>>>>>>>

Yes and yep it is! :D

>>>>>>>>>Hopefully the game will mean something.>>>>>>>>>>>

I kind of hope it doesn't. Want the playoff scenario settled by then, but still a long way to go.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
Good games today! Unfortunately the one I am watching right now is making my dinner want to come up.... Man this sure looks like the makings of another tough year for Chicago!!! Ah, found the remote and looking for a different game... >>>>>>>>>>>

I watched most of the Chicago game. They were in it for a while till GB pulled away.

>>>>>>>>>Maybe I will just go sit in the Ex for awhile, always makes me feel better...
>>>>>>>>>

LOL, till they break down which is why we are all here. :(

Well, I think some owners removed the 'Explorer' from the doors for a cleaner look and because they are difficult to clean.

Although I do like the door badges on our 2002 from time to time I clean and detail 'em with a brush.

My '03 XLT had them.

Still hard to believe the Explorer badge on my tailgate had posts (drilled holes in metal) to attatch. The badge was faded and worn, was going to leave it off until I saw the 3 lovely drilled holes in the metal.... So for those 03's that do or dont have have emblems you have options!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With mine being the Eddie Bauer V8, I have so many emblems on the rear hatch, it's a pain to clean. Have the Explorer, Eddie Bauer, V8, and the Advance Trac emblem back there.

Back