new bumper/grill guard winch mount question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new bumper/grill guard winch mount question

RedneckRambo

Reaction score
City, State
Sterling, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
hey guys i just got this new bumper the other day and i was wanting to get some opinions in where to mount a winch on it. im thinking in the center either above or below the license plate. i will be building a barcket to mount the winch on, just looking at ideas right now. let me know what you think.

here
winchmount2.jpg

or here
winchmount1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it were me I would go with the first option...I think it'll look better. I like the brush guard btw...where'd you find that?

If it were me I would go with the first option...I think it'll look better. I like the brush guard btw...where'd you find that?

got it from a friend for 50 bucks. homemade by his dad

u could also have a hole cut in it and mount it from behind... i have a setup like that which works great and keeps the weather off of my winch... little more work but its a clean cut look:)

u could also have a hole cut in it and mount it from behind... i have a setup like that which works great and keeps the weather off of my winch... little more work but its a clean cut look:)

i would do that but its made out of 3 pieces of 3 inch channel and i dont want to make it weak by cutting it

Back