"This USB device is not supported...." | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"This USB device is not supported...."

scoobycarolan

Reaction score
City, State
Troy, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
Hey Everyone,
2.11 has really been great for me, except 1 change. Now everytime I plug my phone into the USB cable sync throws a popup that says "This USB device is not supported. Please Unplug." I'm just using USB to charge the phone and this never happened before 2.11. Any chance I can get a fix for this minor annoyance?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Everyone,
2.11 has really been great for me, except 1 change. Now everytime I plug my phone into the USB cable sync throws a popup that says "This USB device is not supported. Please Unplug." I'm just using USB to charge the phone and this never happened before 2.11. Any chance I can get a fix for this minor annoyance?

What phone do you have? Some phones like the Droid X allows you to change the USB mode that your phone connects in. You should get an icon on the status bar that tells you that you are connected and allows you to change the mode to Charge Only. I'm guessing that would clear it up.

Hey Everyone,

I've had the same problem since upgrading to v2.11. it's like the USB port has been corrupted. I have tried several USB sticks and it always says the same thing "USB device not supported". Looks like they have another bug to fix!:mad:

I have an EVO running android 2.3. See I always use it in charge mode and almost never as a USB drive. This error is totally new on 2.11and a bit annoying.

Also. Tried a master reset & deleted the phone and readded.

I've had the same problem since upgrading to v2.11. it's like the USB port has been corrupted. I have tried several USB sticks and it always says the same thing "USB device not supported". Looks like they have another bug to fix!:mad:

I encountered this problem recently when plugging my Blackberry 9900 into the 2nd USB slot recently. Not only did the Blackberry come up as non-supported, but so did the USB drive I've been previously using with no problems :(

Hopefully this is addressed in the update.

OK I have the same issue, Im using the USB for playing some music, however even after the message appears, Im still able to use the USB with no problems what so ever.

Got the same issue, I need a white board mounted in the ex, to write down all the issues, lol! :chug:

Same issues here also, sometimes I get this and other times it works like a charm.

The funny thing is that my MP3 player is a Microsoft Zune player with the original Microsoft USB cables etc.

Back