Need pics of projector fog lights installed in 06-up Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need pics of projector fog lights installed in 06-up Explorer

84convertablegt

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I'm looking for pictures of these fog lights actually installed on a 2006-up explorer. I'm not crazy about the OEM square fog lights and though these would look nice. Anyone have them or have a pic of them installed? Thanks.
FL-P-FX06-HL__88297_zoom.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone got these yet? If so how well do they perform to the stock fogs?

I was wondering where you found those, I may try them out on my 06 xls, I know I may have to do some cutting on the lower bumper cover, but we'll see.

eBay

I don't think any of them can be used as there are no mounting holes in the stock xls bumper cover. And a xlt bumper cover only comes with the fender flares holes not the smooth like a xls.

I've been thinking about buying a pair of these for a while. I haven't seen any pictures of them mounted and lit up on an Ex which is probably why I haven't bought a pair yet. I might take a chance and buy them this weekend.

I just put projectors in the stock housing, I think it turned out nicely.

dsc04129je.jpg

test output shot on a wall:
dsc04125g.jpg

dsc04126q.jpg

They are actually bi xenon as well, meaning they have a high beam function.

How did you mount them in the stock location on a xls, there is nothing behind it to mount to that is the problem that i have been looking at, if you found a way to mount them please share. This is mounting on a xls, is what we are looking at, because the limited, and xlt already have the mounting made into the bumper cover.

How did you mount them in the stock location on a xls, there is nothing behind it to mount to that is the problem that i have been looking at, if you found a way to mount them please share. This is mounting on a xls, is what we are looking at, because the limited, and xlt already have the mounting made into the bumper cover.

Ah true, sorry should have specified I have an XLT sport trac with the spec that includes fogs and running boards.

In that case, I'd say your best bet if you want some fog lights (since I was thinking about doing this myself) pick up some blazer fogs (see: linky) and hanging them from under the bumper. Are you sure that there are no mounting holes in the XLS? I could have sworn that it looked like the holes where molded not only into the bumper but the fiberglass(or whatever it is) behind it I'd think it would be cheaper for ford to use one mold, but I could be wrong.

Blazers aren't going to be as nice as the projectors I have, nor potentially even the stock fogs, but if you need something that is cheap-ish to get some fogs in there (with HIDS mind you, the projectors I have are made for HIDs) it might be the easiest way.

Hope that helps.

No they aren't the same, but I am thinking of a way to get them in there and mounting them, if you could get a good close up of the back of the fog light and the mounting points in the bumper cover, i may have figured out a way to use the stock location.

Hi, maybe these pictures will help you!

8413405ots.jpg

8413423jtd.jpg

I just ordered a pair of these off ebay about 5 minutes ago! I'll post picks when I get them in.

I'm also putting in a black mesh grill and AVS "projector" headlight covers as well.

I just put projectors in the stock housing, I think it turned out nicely.

dsc04129je.jpg

Did you cut the lens off and glued it back on to mount the projector, or did you hack from the back?

Here you go:

6239345881_a2041b38d7_b.jpg

I'll be honest, I dont like them. They dont put out much light and they dont fit as well as the OEM ones either.

Looks good. I figured they wouldn't fit as good with the aftermarket ones. I'm just curious as to what those would look like on a colored explored other than black.

They don't look too bad. How hard do you think it would be to put HID's in them?

I Just bought these fog lights and got them in today its raining by me so ill try to install them tomorrow and post after I'm done installing them. I have HIDS on now and it looks like I might have problems with them fitting, Ill let everyone know soon how hard the install was and if you can use HIDS or not.......

So I just took everything apart and I definitely will not be able to fit my HID bulb in this fog light I'm very disappointed. The light this unit takes is a wedge light it also has 2 other mini lights in the ring around the lens. Anyone who does want this fog will definitely still be able to put led bulbs inside which if you get the right ones will still look very good, being as i just put all HIDS in my truck I'm not willing to convert back sorry for the bad news fellas.

PS if anyone out there knows of any conversions so I can fit my hid bulb in please let me know asap because I'm probably gonna resell these fogs soon.

So I just took everything apart and I definitely will not be able to fit my HID bulb in this fog light I'm very disappointed. The light this unit takes is a wedge light it also has 2 other mini lights in the ring around the lens. Anyone who does want this fog will definitely still be able to put led bulbs inside which if you get the right ones will still look very good, being as i just put all HIDS in my truck I'm not willing to convert back sorry for the bad news fellas.

PS if anyone out there knows of any conversions so I can fit my hid bulb in please let me know asap because I'm probably gonna resell these fogs soon.

Post a pic of the bulb.

I had H3C HIDs in one of my cars. Looked like this

H3c-Hid-Xenon-Conversion-Kits.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just took a set apart. With some trimming, you can fit a set of Blazer fog lights in there. You'll lose the "halo" ring though and will have to find a way to hide your trimming (if your hand shakes like mine! :rolleyes:). A 60mm waterproof LED halo ring should do the trick. Then you can put your HID setup into the Blazer.

Back