2011+ owners - The SEMA Show is looking for a few good (modified) Explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011+ owners - The SEMA Show is looking for a few good (modified) Explorers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanDatSEMA

Reaction score
City, State
California
The SEMA Show is looking for a few modified current-model Explorers. Owners of a modified Explorer are invited to submit a video clip highlighting the vehicle’s modifications for a chance to have the vehicle featured at the SEMA Show, along with credentials and amenities to attend the annual trade-only event.

If you have one that has more than 3 modifications to it, we encourage you to read on about the opportunity at www.semashow.com/semaaward

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you looking for only 2011+ Explorers?

This is a great opportunity for one of our members! I will be at the SEMA show this year so if you get your Explorer in the show we'll be able to meet up.:chug:

If you don't know much about SEMA, first off it stands for the "Specialty Equipment Market Association". The show is HUGE taking up the entire Las Vegas Convention Center.

For photos that I've taken during previous years check this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145992

I'll add a bonus to this. If your Explorer is selected and shown at SEMA I will give you a 1 year Elite Explorer membership.

Thanks Rick, that's a great offer (and I know that if one of you is selected to show your Explorer off at SEMA you will not be sorry...the SEMA Show is a car lover's dream with more than 2000 of the best vehicles and all of the top automotive aftermarket companies together in one place).

And to answer the questions, anyone can submit a video, in fact we encourage it! We'd like to show the world how aftermarket products can make an already great vehicle even greater! For the contest though (and to be eligible to show it off at the SEMA Show), it does need to be a current model.

Questions? Let me know...and we hope everyone will take the time to make a short video about how you personalize YOUR Explorer!

Thanks everyone!

Alan

it's too bad that the 2011+ explorer doesn't have a whole lot of aftermarket support yet, so therefore, not many modded explorers.

it's also too bad that i've only had the explorer for a month now so the only thing i've had time to do is tint. and the fact that i'm in texas doesn't help either.

Just a mod for the antenna, so far, not much out there yet?

Just a mod for the antenna, so far, not much out there yet?

We've already got new Explorers with bull bars, Weathertech mats, exhaust systems, air intakes etc... There's enough out there to get in on this. We just need a motivated soul to participate:D

i guess when i think, SEMA....i think "HIGHLY modified vehicles". and not just floor mats, intake, and exhaust. i don't think i've even seen a 2011+ EX with aftermarket wheels. i know there's one or two people that have ordered wheels, but no pictures with installed wheels yet.

I will be attending SEMA this year, but have not made any mods to the Explorer yet. Hoping to see some products that I might use while I am out there.

I have a 2011 Explorer Ltd Silver. Its in Vegas and available for the SEMA Show. Its about three weeks old has Limo tint done and will be in the body shop to have the the black lower trim painted to match in time for the show. The only issue is I would want it customized and put on display and returned with the parts on it. I have been looking for wheels and was planning on finding the items I want at SEMA. Let me know if your interested. I can rent a car during the week and let one of the exhibitors have it.

2k11 Explorer: Unfortunately the contest is closed...but we'd still love to see your video when you're done customizing it..

We will be posting the winners on SEMA's Facebook page soon...in the meantime thanks everyone who participated (and thank you to this forum...you guys rock!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back