Bentley style grille | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bentley style grille

84-that grille looks fantastic! I prefer it without the Ford Logo but the size you have looks very stock (and good). Not a big fan of Ford's Oversized Logo obsession lately. They remind me of the Giant Hemi stickers on the Dodge Ram's. Redonkulous. On a tengent here....

Bottom Line, Grille looks Great-Ford should have made them like that from the factory.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few more pictures. Still dont have the trim piece on yet.

Also pictured is our other car, an Ironman Explorer.

I wonder if the Raptor grille part that has the ford letters in it would fit across the fat plastic part on this grille setup??

No way my friend! Sorry, raptor is way to wide. The grille of it is probably as wide as an entire explorer.
You can always fab something if you really want though.

Just wondering what kind of paint did you use to paint the top half and how did you do it? I just bought the grille but thought it came together with top half and bottom but I was wrong. Please let me know I am wanting to do this soon.

Just wondering what kind of paint did you use to paint the top half and how did you do it? I just bought the grille but thought it came together with top half and bottom but I was wrong. Please let me know I am wanting to do this soon.

I used all duplicolor paint from Advance Auto Parts. You have to sand / scruff up the chrome enough to take off the shine. Then you use a fine sand to smooth it out. Then you use a good ETCHING primer, this is the key step. Use a couple of coats. Let dry according to instructions and then sand lightly with a fine grit (800 or so) paper. Then apply first layer of color. Use light even coats, waiting around 5 minutes between coats. I put on about 4 or 5 coats, but I tend to go overboard. Then let that dry according to instructions and apply the duplicolor clear coat. You will need around 3 coats. You have to be careful how you do this, but I make the last clear coat is a heavy one to really get a good glossy shine. Just make sure you dont get any runs. If you do, you will have to let it dry completely and sand out the run. After it dries for about 2 days, I usually use a little rubbing compound to bring out the shine. Then you are ready to go. Dont wax it for at least a month.

Twins!!!!! Now just paint the outside of the headlights too to be identical (besides color)

dk4.jpg
hey man i was wondering what size tires/rims you have on that grey X with the black grille im looking for a new set of tires possibly rims too and am looking for an aggressive look just like that on my ironman

hey man i was wondering what size tires/rims you have on that grey X with the black grille im looking for a new set of tires possibly rims too and am looking for an aggressive look just like that on my ironman

285/75/16 on 16x8 wheels

I kinda like the black one. I plan to buy one, I can't decide which one to get. I have 2 tone color.

Just Installed my last night.

Looks good amigo. I happy to see someone posted pictures with a black bull bar. I am planning on doing the same thing. Good to see another North Texas Explorer on the site.

Looks good. The ford oval just looks a tad high to me. Mine was the same way at first. I had to remove and reinstall it a little lower.

Looks good amigo. I happy to see someone posted pictures with a black bull bar. I am planning on doing the same thing. Good to see another North Texas Explorer on the site.

Thanks. I got my bull bar off ebay last year. I need to pull it and repaint its pretty scratched up right now.

Looks good. The ford oval just looks a tad high to me. Mine was the same way at first. I had to remove and reinstall it a little lower.

It is. The pegs on the back seemed to line up better there.

Very nice, love those grilles. Would leave the Ford oval off though. Much cleaner without it.

Looks good, I like it with the badge on there. I would agree with it being lower, though.

I pulled the Ford Badge off. I think I like better this way. I also had my little helper install my AVS headlight covers for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice!

Back