• Register Today It's free!

Passenger Handle Bar/Grab Bar

Foxracin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Holly, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Anybody ever done one of these in a Explorer/Ranger without a internal cage?

Interior.jpg

I really need to do one before my interior gets tore all to hell by passengers. lol Done had 2 of the handles on the roof completely ripped off, numerous door handles broke off, and actually had the window pushed out of the door on time, and the seat broke. I must be a good driver.

Here is the damage from last night. lol
284597_193906367331187_100001354740824_498939_1405829_n.jpg

So I need to add something for them to hang on too. I looked in the glove box area today and theres not a steel tube going across like some dashes have and I would rather have it mounted to something solid. Anybody got any ideas? Only thing I can come up with is try to weld it straight to the firewall.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It doesnt have to come off the dash. Make a bracket off the seat frame with a quick disconnect pin. Put the handle in when it is needed. Make the pin easy to reach when seated so the passenger can take it off and on to get out/in. Without a cage I think this will be your best bet.

I wouldn't have the bolt and nut sticking out like that though, just weld it together. Safety first, JMO.

Why not weld to the support bar in the door and make it fit in the stock door handle spot? Seems like that would accomplish what you want. The window would be limited then though.

Back