Noisy Wipers ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Noisy Wipers ?

JFUSION

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Anyone else notice that they can hear their wipers pivot at the bottom and top of the wiper stroke ?. Even on the highway in wet conditions I can hear the wipers pivot. I expect it in semi-wet conditions and at idle or slow speed, but I find it strange to hear it on the highway in solid wet conditions. Maybe this truck is so quiet that little things like that become mroe obvious. I initially thought that maybe the wiper is hitting the windshield frame but it stops far before that point, and it is just movement in the wiper itself as it changes directions - twice per stroke.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone else notice that they can hear their wipers pivot at the bottom and top of the wiper stroke ?. Even on the highway in wet conditions I can hear the wipers pivot. I expect it in semi-wet conditions and at idle or slow speed, but I find it strange to hear it on the highway in solid wet conditions. Maybe this truck is so quiet that little things like that become mroe obvious. I initially thought that maybe the wiper is hitting the windshield frame but it stops far before that point, and it is just movement in the wiper itself as it changes directions - twice per stroke.
Haven't heard that before.

I have been hearing the noise also but after awhile I stopped hearing it.

I have been hearing the noise also but after awhile I stopped hearing it.

That's like hearing my wife; after 28-years I barely hear her!

If I turn up the radio the wipers and wife both drown away, he, he, he, lol.

Back