• Register Today It's free!

98 4.0 sohc no spark

tgreene92

Reaction score
City, State
south jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT x2
So i havent really run any tests yet as once i realized i had no spark i didnt feel like doing anything else, batteries got juice and the motor cranks but no spark. Im just trying to get some and any ideas as every time i run into something simple like this it ends up not being so simple. Any ideas/help are greatly appreciated.

ok so i ran the no spark procedure, no frayed or bad plug wires, switched the coil pack(i had another one so why not) then tested the plug to the coil pack, got 12 volts at the far right terminal, then tested the other 3 to see if they were getting power, nothing on all 3 with the motor cranking. Tested to crankshaft positioning sensor, there was no voltage with the key in the on position however there was a fluctuation in power with the motor cranking. Im going to check for bad grounds for the tenth time and then proceed to replacing the CKPS if needed. After that it seems as if the only problem could be the PCM. If theres anything im missing here please let me know as i dont feel like spending any more time or money on things i dont have to.

Back