Ford's quality ranking | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford's quality ranking

Problem with the highlander is the crazy option combo. For instance you can't get the touch screen without going to a Limited, and you can't get a limited without a moon roof. I'm 6'5" and don't physically fit in anything with a moon/sun roof. Also I drove a base highlander on Friday. I instantly felt like a Grandpa: very uninspiring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks wise there's no comparison , the EX wins. However I'd rather not have my second home be a ford dealership.

Not surprised at this crappy rating at all. If you build your cars to looks nice, but use plastic parts and hollow spaces to do it and fill it with a bunch of unreliable technology, then that's what will happen. As it's seen on this forum, this vehicle is a HUGE headache to the majority of owners. I really wish it was as good as it looks because I really would enjoy having this vehicle and having it work!

Not surprised at this crappy rating at all. If you build your cars to looks nice, but use plastic parts and hollow spaces to do it and fill it with a bunch of unreliable technology, then that's what will happen. As it's seen on this forum, this vehicle is a HUGE headache to the majority of owners. I really wish it was as good as it looks because I really would enjoy having this vehicle and having it work!

The majority of owners have trouble with the Ex? If you read this forum you'd probably think so. But I bet that most Ex owners either dont belong to this forum, or dont have anything negative to say. Its highly unlikely that the majority of owners are having issues. If that were true every one of these threads would have 50,000 people complaining about the same thing.

I havent had any issues with mine yet, lets hope it stays that way! And Im sure that Im not the only one.

Yes, here we go again. It all goes back to the saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Some people on here think that this is the place where all Ex owners go. Well, your wrong. This is where people come when they have something wrong with the vehicle or can't wait to get the vehicle or have been waiting a long time for their order. Can anyone here tell me how many people on this site are 2011 or 12 owners. Then tell me how many vehicles have been sold. Lets do up a percentage. I would guarantee it would be minute. My Ex works like a charm, except for a few minor things, all of which were fixed by the dealership. Truly an amazing cutting edge vehicle. I test drove all of the competition. The only one that came close was the Jeep and that really didn't impress me all that much. The explorer ride is like riding on air. The tech is unbelievable, I have a Motorola atrix phone and it pairs up right away with all the bells and whistles working. Love the explorer. LOVE IT. I feel sorry that some of you got sub par vehicles. Go on any other site and you will see pissed off owners of Dodges, Chevs, Jeeps. It's a vehicle with a whole bunch of moving parts. Sometimes those moving parts don't move right. They have to be adjusted and fixed. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the service I got when I had the A pillar rattle and as far at MFT and sync goes, I've been on 2.11 for awhile now with no glitches at all. It works super fast. No lag switching screens. As for those of you who complain about boot up time. Turn off your laptop and then turn it back on and I don't mean log out. TURN IT OFF. See how long it takes to reboot. Do it three or four times back to back. I am impressed with how the OS works in mine. Fast. Yes it may take 30 or so seconds, but that's to be expected. If you want something faster I don't know what to tell you. That's all for now. Peace.

The fact that you had to bring a 40k+ vehicle back to the dealership several times should tell you something. When i buy something for that amount of money i expect it to work PERFECTLY. If you go out and buy a Lexus, do you think you'll be going back to the service department of the dealership once a month within the first six months of ownership. The millions of people who buy these japanese and korean made vehicles cannot be wrong. Keep your EX and let me know what the cost of ownership is to you over the years. I am willing to bet it would be significantly higher when compared to a comparable japanese vehicle. I tried to go American, and I am trying hard to stay American. each day that passes makes it that much more difficult. By the way, my problems have not been just with MFT. I had the truck at the dealership for 4 DAYS while they tried to figure out why emissions were venting through my air conditioning on hard acceleration. What a shame, it really is a sexy vehicle. It's like I'm looking at one of my old ex-girlfriends. Sexy to look at, but i am not sure if i want to talk to her.

The majority of owners have trouble with the Ex? If you read this forum you'd probably think so. But I bet that most Ex owners either dont belong to this forum, or dont have anything negative to say. Its highly unlikely that the majority of owners are having issues. If that were true every one of these threads would have 50,000 people complaining about the same thing.

I havent had any issues with mine yet, lets hope it stays that way! And Im sure that Im not the only one.
+1
I have had my Explorer almost 8 months and I haven't had any more problems with the it than with the 3 Highlanders I had previously. At least not so far.

I've had my 2011 Ex Limited since late May, absolutely love the look and ride as well as the safety high tech stuff. MFT is another story for me.

If you think no one is having issues because there are not 50000 people here ask yourself why Ford is doing MFT all over again and why the magazines are not too high on it.

In any event I will be one happy camper once MFT is fixed.

Yes, I guess MFT is a flaming disaster. My Ex must be 1 of 10 that it actually works on. As for buying a Lexus. Completely different category of vehicle. I'm not saying Ford is a luxury car maker. They make vehicles that the average working person can afford. For me, I am completely satisfied with the Ex. Like I said. I must be realllllllllly lucky. I haven't gone back to the dealership every month. I was back in twice to have small things fixed. They did an extremely professional job and I'm a happy customer. I don't think this will cost me anymore than my Chevrolet or Hyundai POS did. You see I have a 7 year 100K Mile warranty. Won't cost me a dime. Oh yes I did pay the 1700 us to get the warranty. So if I add that to the equation I guess your right oh wait no your not. I had a Civic for 7 years and it rusted out like a nail in a can of coke. But that's what happens when they start building Japanese cars in NA. Ta ta now. Have a nice day.

Oh and just so you know we're not alone in this check out these links LEXUS!!!!! LMAO

http://www.lexustsb.com/categories/Lexus+LS/

and this one
Problems with touch screen and system automatically turning channels and spitting out CD's randomly

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64448&pid=410155&st=0&#entry410155

Low pitch Thrombing sound when accelerating!!!!!!!!!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71124

I can go on.. and on.....and on.....

Lexus, yes they make lemons as well.
Wouldn't that make a great Ford Commercial. Or any other car company.

Have a nice day.

How about a nice BMW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhwWTX_8EwU

Or a nice ACURA OR HONDA

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531033

What about a nice Dodge Durango Citadel?

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143522

And then there is the Grand Cherokee.......

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7811_102-505873.html

Well. That about sums things up. Tata for now.

My biggest issue with ford is that they build plastic A Pillars and a hollow roof!! There is nothing worse than a brand new vehicle rattling!!

I bought the top of the line LTD with all the bells and whistles they have, paid $58000 for it, including the extended warranty and I have had this vehicle back to dealer for repairs 7 times within 3 months of ownership!!!
The 3rd row light has a mind of its own
The pillars rattle AGAIN after fix
The second row captain chairs don't stay down when folded
The transmission slips at times
The windows are streaky from excess oil inside the doors
The LCD Display failed and went black
The gas paddle vibrates, and
One of the plastic covers underneath came undone and was dangling around, getting scratched up by the road.

The MFT works great!!

So Chimoman, glad to hear yours works great for you, but mine, like many others, doesn't! And you're wrong in one thing. People don't always join these forums to complain about sh*t not working. I join a forum for every vehicle I own(ed) and the reason was always to share the passion for the cars and custimizing them. I loved my X for about a week....it's been downhill from there. Ford is working on fixing it for me and keeping me happy, so that's good, but given a flawed design, fixing that will be difficult.

I've had my 2011 Ex Limited since late May, absolutely love the look and ride as well as the safety high tech stuff. MFT is another story for me.

If you think no one is having issues because there are not 50000 people here ask yourself why Ford is doing MFT all over again and why the magazines are not too high on it.

In any event I will be one happy camper once MFT is fixed.

Yes a new version will be out soon and will probably be an improvement. Just like the current version is better than the earlier versions. MFT works for me, but just like any software including my smartphone, its not perfect.

I still dont get why this whole SUV is judged on this one feature (MFT). Does Ford offer a non-MFT version of the Explorer? If not, they should. Otherwise the complaints will continue, even after future updates to the software. Some users would probably be better off without it. IMO.

To all un happy explorer owner's i'm very sorry that if you are really and owner not and (under cover agent from another car maker) sorry for the way you feel ! First of all we bought a first year redesign vehicle that has of now has sold over 200 thousand explorer's and there is not 200 thousand owners complaining most are the same owners complaning so i would say that if they are taking thier car to the dealer for repairs and back again i would say then that it's more the tech at the dealer doesn't know what he is doing and that may be a better reason why it's not getting fixed correctly. So if that is the case i would advise to email corey from ford so he can be aware of matter and advise you what to do trust him he is great asset to resolve issues. i have been very lucky and my issues have been minor and where mostly fix with the software update and a few cosmetic issues but since i leased i realy dont care ford is the one that would have to live with it not me, and that is why i always lease a first year car there are issues manufacter has to live with it but if i have time i would have had it fixed if they realy bother me but they really don't in all honesty. So all i say is to all unhappy owners 1. Get in contact with corey 2. Really be wise not all in this forum are explorer owners and 3 if you have had that many issues excalate it with the lemon law we all signed that paper right !!!! So all i'm trying to say is that in everything we buy some may be lemons and there are ways of getting things fixed so use the proper channels and you will get solutions. And i really think it's the dealer repair shop not being well trained with all the new tech stuff. Just like these old repair shop those good mechanics cant work on todays cars with out proper equipment and training so these new tech guys with out proper training and i thing that is the issue!!!!!!

My biggest issue with ford is that they build plastic A Pillars and a hollow roof!! There is nothing worse than a brand new vehicle rattling!!

I bought the top of the line LTD with all the bells and whistles they have, paid $58000 for it, including the extended warranty and I have had this vehicle back to dealer for repairs 7 times within 3 months of ownership!!!
The 3rd row light has a mind of its own
The pillars rattle AGAIN after fix
The second row captain chairs don't stay down when folded
The transmission slips at times
The windows are streaky from excess oil inside the doors
The LCD Display failed and went black
The gas paddle vibrates, and
One of the plastic covers underneath came undone and was dangling around, getting scratched up by the road.

The MFT works great!!

So Chimoman, glad to hear yours works great for you, but mine, like many others, doesn't! And you're wrong in one thing. People don't always join these forums to complain about sh*t not working. I join a forum for every vehicle I own(ed) and the reason was always to share the passion for the cars and custimizing them. I loved my X for about a week....it's been downhill from there. Ford is working on fixing it for me and keeping me happy, so that's good, but given a flawed design, fixing that will be difficult.

Sorry dude. If I said they always join the forums for that one reason I stand corrected. It's a ****ty thing. All I'm trying to point out is that there are problems with pretty much all vehicles. I'm sick and tired of people coming on here and bashing the Explorer. If you own one and it's a piece of ****, bash away. It's your right as an owner to be pissed off. I know I would be and I was when I had my problems. However, you get these other dudes that come on here and don't even own one. Then say **** like. Oh Lexus blah blah and BMW and Blah blah blah. As proven in the pastes above. There are going to be lemons. What separates a car company is how they handle the fixes. I think ford is doing a good to exceptional job. They are coming out with upgrades. Yes the A Pillar was a horrible design. I agree with that. This is a new design and it's was mentioned very early on in these forums, before everyone joined, that there would be expected problems. I knew that an discussed it at length prior to buying mine. Personally, I am happy with the service I'm recieving. If you don't mind me asking. Where did you purchase yours. I got mine at WOOD MOTORS FORD.. The place that service built. That is their slogan and so far they have lived up to it. :D

cdn, if you paid 58k sorry to tell you that was way over i have a ltd with all bells and whistle and paid 46k i mean all bells and whistle !!!!

cdn, if you paid 58k sorry to tell you that was way over i have a ltd with all bells and whistle and paid 46k i mean all bells and whistle !!!!

Yes. And there in lays the fact that us here in the frozen north pay more than our brethern in the south. In Canada the price of a fully loaded Ex is around 58K. I paid 55 for mine Taxes in. I have all the bells and whistles. So when you add his 3500 for warranty. We paid the same price

Sorry i compared Ford to Lexus. The comparison is that there is no comparison. History shows that japanese car makers make more reliable vehicles. There is no arguing against that.

If you honestly think i have nothing better to do than to join a forum and pretend i own a ford, well, than that says a lot about you. I have much better things to do with my time.

The EX is made without MFT. The base model and the entry level XLT. I would trade mine in for one of those if i could get the 20 inch wheels on them. I do not think i can do that through the dealer.

By the way, does anyone know how long it takes to download the new sync update to a USB drive?

Yes. And there in lays the fact that us here in the frozen north pay more than our brethern in the south. In Canada the price of a fully loaded Ex is around 58K. I paid 55 for mine Taxes in. I have all the bells and whistles. So when you add his 3500 for warranty. We paid the same price

Thanks for explaining this to our fellow neighbour in the South, saves me hassle.
I didn't even notice you were in NB as well! I also got mine from WOOD in Freddy. They are being pretty good to me I must say. They gave me an X5 over the weekend since I expressed my interest in it as a possible trade. However I really want my X to work properly because it is a great car IF and WHEN it works. So fingers crossed they will fix er all up for me and I'll continue my mods on it. I got new rims coming for it and I would love a Maganaflow on it, but only if she works! Are you on the Base by any chance?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry i compared Ford to Lexus. The comparison is that there is no comparison. History shows that japanese car makers make more reliable vehicles. There is no arguing against that.

If you honestly think i have nothing better to do than to join a forum and pretend i own a ford, well, than that says a lot about you. I have much better things to do with my time.

The EX is made without MFT. The base model and the entry level XLT. I would trade mine in for one of those if i could get the 20 inch wheels on them. I do not think i can do that through the dealer.

Did you thinK I was referencing your post. My apologies. Usually I'll state the persons name when I call someone out. Sorry if that came across the wrong way. By no means was I talking about you. I seen in your description that you already own an exploder. It was mere coincidence that you had mentioned Lexus. I agree that the Japanese make far superior quality product compared to american. There is no questioning that. Pretty much everything that comes out of Japan is high quality, just as our hockey players here in Canada. Superior by far. ;):p::p::p::p::p::p::p::p::p:

Back