Magnaflow Catback installed... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Magnaflow Catback installed...

Interested in any mileage increase?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like what you have done here. I am looking for more of a low throaty sound - any recommendations?

Also, what effect would adding a mod exhaust have on my warranty? If any.

No warranty issues, whats the average MPGs for highway use ?
Ill try to get some numbers tomorrow, we have a long holyday down here, starting tomorrow...

I spoke with a tech at flowmaster today - they are not currently making a full exhaust kit for the 11 EX . He recommended the 50 series delta flow muffler - I checked out some vids for it on YouTube - sounds pretty sweet. He did mention that cabin noise may be elevated.

Magnaflow cat back

I ordered mine yesterday along with a K&N filter. Once it's together, I'll give an update for my mileage. I've been averaging right around 20 MPG with my everyday driving, and between 21 and 22 on the Highway.

I just ordered mine today 11-2-2011 Should ship on Wed. and should
have system on Tuesday of next week. I always used Corsa on my
Vettes but the shop I use said he really likes magna flows said they
have great quality so going to give it shot. System is shipping from
their warehouse in Calif.

Jerry

Me likey, but I doubt my wife would let me do that to HER car! Hehe

I have a year to convince her....hmmmm....

I'm having mine installed tomorrow morning....I can't wait!!

I'm having mine installed tomorrow morning....I can't wait!!

Great, please post pictures. :)

What's your MPGs on the highway righ now ?
I'm bout to start a road trip, and I never checked my MPGs bebore installing the magnaflow catback.

Great, please post pictures. :)

What's your MPGs on the highway righ now ?
I'm bout to start a road trip, and I never checked my MPGs bebore installing the magnaflow catback.

I've never been able to pull out better than 22.5-23.0 MPG driving conservatively.

I installed mine a few days ago, the build quality of the kit is really nice and fit like a glove. The sound outside is nice, inside is a whole other story. I'm getting drone at cruising speeds and so far its driving me nuts. I'm also not a big fan of the sound at high RPM. It reminds me of the fast and the furious. At my age I don't want to sound like I have a tuner car. To each his own I guess. For now I'll keep running it for a while to see if I change my mind but I might have a lightly use setup for sale soon.

That's the exact reason I just did the big tips.

xpipes.jpg

Drone

I installed mine a few days ago, the build quality of the kit is really nice and fit like a glove. The sound outside is nice, inside is a whole other story. I'm getting drone at cruising speeds and so far its driving me nuts. I'm also not a big fan of the sound at high RPM. It reminds me of the fast and the furious. At my age I don't want to sound like I have a tuner car. To each his own I guess. For now I'll keep running it for a while to see if I change my mind but I might have a lightly use setup for sale soon.

2k11
I'm 66 and drive from IN to Phoenix I hope I didn't make a mistake also.
I called Magnaflow and talked to the Customer service and they told me
no drone inside the cabin. I was concerned about that also. I had a vette
that had a terrible drone at 35-45mph above it went away. You say a
drone is it bad at all speeds or just at 65- 75 or mid range. Mine shipped last
week and suppose to be installed on Friday the 11th. Has me real scared

Thanks Jerry

2k11
I'm 66 and drive from IN to Phoenix I hope I didn't make a mistake also.
I called Magnaflow and talked to the Customer service and they told me
no drone inside the cabin. I was concerned about that also. I had a vette
that had a terrible drone at 35-45mph above it went away. You say a
drone is it bad at all speeds or just at 65- 75 or mid range. Mine shipped last
week and suppose to be installed on Friday the 11th. Has me real scared

Thanks Jerry

Jerry,

As I just had it installed yesterday, I haven't had huge chance to drive it, but I've had it up to 50 miles an hour, and theres a small drone, but I nothing that I would say isn't worth having the system. I guess I look at it like this....
I didn't buy a Magnaflow so that it would be as quiet as a stock exhaust, I wan't a little bit of "Noise". It will drive me far less nutty than the A-Pillar rattle, or the half dozen other noises this thing makes when it's cold outside.

Thanks for the updates and feedback everyone, it's great to get the perspective before taking the step myself.

I agree, to each his own, it will all depend on your personal taste. I just took a small road trip yesterday and there is a small drone when cruising around 1900 and 2000 RPMS (its goes away if you go below or above that), but nothing I cant live with, I wasnt specting a "stock like" quietness in the cabin anyway.

I was traveling with the A/C on (front and rear), with 4 other adults, Ive never had the chance to check my average MPGs before the cat back install, since I did the swap with very few miles, but I did now... and it showed 26.6 MPGs (average) on a 50 mile trip, with some hills from time to time, I dont know if this is good or bad, but I think I can do a little better...

IMG-20111104-01040.jpg

26+ looks good. Let us know how accurate the car's computer is when you refill the tank and do a manual calculation.

Thanks for the videos too! I liked your setup. I'd be afraid of hitting a bump and there it goes....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds good

Back