2012 MY interior rattles/vibrations | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 MY interior rattles/vibrations

Spengracin

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 AWD Limited
Ok, 1700 miles, besides the MFT, A-pillar, now I have 2 rattles, one is the glove box, and the other deep in the dash, sounds like it's behind the MFT. Any one experiencing this new problem. 50 k vehicle shouldn't have all these issues. :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gove box rattle comes and goes for me....

My glove box and the bezel around the MFT rattle occasionally for me. I've got another persistent rattle somewhere in the back that drives me crazy on a daily basis.

Hey guys,

I want the noise you’re having taken care of. I can help by sending the details to the Customer Service Manager in your region. If you haven’t already, please send a PM with your contact information, VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name/state.

Cory

Cory sent you a PM?

I had a glove box rattle. It got bad enough that they could hear it. They added spacers to the door stops. Now, when the door is closed and I push on it, it does not move. Previously it would move quite a bit. The rattle seems to be gone.

The Service Manager said that Ford had no input on suggested fixes, he figured it out himself.

I have a rattle in the 2nd row seat area and behind the radio inside dash somewhere.
Had similar issue with my Tundra, i bought some sticky wire holders and put wires in them, no rattles out of the dash. For some reasons it gets worst in winter due to cold temperatures.

I had one in the 2nd row seat hinge. The dealer replaced the entire hinge this week.

My sister claims theres a REALLY bad rattle way in the back, but from the front, I can't hear it.

My glove box and the bezel around the MFT rattle occasionally for me. I've got another persistent rattle somewhere in the back that drives me crazy on a daily basis.

I've also got a rattle somewhere overhead just behind the driverside. It only rattles going over slight bumps. Only thing up there are the ceiling vents. Anyone else experience that?

As my Ex vibrates noticeably at 50+ mph, and so does yours according to my dealer, I expect we will all have some rattles as things begin to shake loose....

I had a glove box rattle. It got bad enough that they could hear it. They added spacers to the door stops. Now, when the door is closed and I push on it, it does not move. Previously it would move quite a bit. The rattle seems to be gone.

The Service Manager said that Ford had no input on suggested fixes, he figured it out himself.

Awesome! Sounds like a trip to Home Depot which is always easier than the dealer!

Hey guys,

In case you missed my post above, I can help with the rattle you’re experiencing by sending the info to the Customer Service Manager in your area. So I can do that, please send a PM with your dealer name/state, mileage, contact information, and VIN.

Cory

I have a vibration from the bezel around the mft screen. Will have it looked at when I bring it in for an oil change. That, the a pillar rattle, streaky windows, squeaky brakes, and the nav not working now and then is really pushing me over the edge.

Back