• Register Today It's free!

few questions about my 95 sport

2Gsport

Reaction score
City, State
Washougal,WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 sport
just picked up a lifted 95 sport 4wd, 5spd. seems to run good, shifts ok but does not like to go into any gear but 4th if at a stop once in neutral. i figure the slave cyl prolly just needs to be bled, but maybe you guys have heard of this and could tell me if it's just the way these tranny's are, thats what the previous owner told me. also, the transfer case motor isn't there. been doing some reading and looks like i need to source out a manual once from a simular year?

maybe someone can clear this up for me, if i put the manual transfer case in, by puting it in 4low will it be in 2low untill the switch is turned to 4wd? cause i've been reading about the vac disconnect and i'm still uncertain if the e transfer case has to be preseant for that switch to do any good... here's a pic for ya guys, picked it up for a good deal...

myX.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I say try bleeding the clutch. when my slave cylinder was going out, I had to pump the clutch in order to get it into first. I'm not very good at "popping" it into gear.

is there a paticular process for these style slaves? i'm guessing not as easy as the slaves in hondas/acura's i'm used to working on haha

my Honda has a cable powered clutch haha!

I can't remember the process off-hand, but it was pretty straight forward. its an internal slave cylinder, but you don't need to remove it to bleed it I believe.

well, the clutch is getting chattery. i can't really figure out if the clutch is jacked up or if the slave needs bled. don't really have the funds to replace either just yet but it's getting annoying as hell driving when i can't get it into 1st gear when stopped. other then that i'm loving this rig.

also checked the vins, made sure all the stuff on this rig was legit and what the previous owner said it was and wow.. found out this rig was a 2wd with 327 gears.... he said he swapped out all the drivetrain from his 96. guess he did haha... also found out my transfer case is a non awd model but my front end is an awd unit from his 96. thinking thats not a good mix, vibrates a bit while driving in 2wd... i planned on throwing in a manual T case anyways...

i can't get it into 1st gear when stopped.

I had that problem, couldn't get it fixed. Look up in the sticky threads for how I fixed it.

also found out my transfer case is a non awd model but my front end is an awd unit from his 96. thinking thats not a good mix

Doesn't matter. If it indeed is a front end from an AWD you won't have a vacuum disconnect, to answer your earlier question.

so i picked up a manual T case today with linkage. also ordered my shifter bushing rebuld kit...

here's a pic of the wheels i threw on a month ago. tires are 1/8th inch smaller but wider and on a 16 inch rim.. looks better i think

myrig.jpg

Back