New Rims | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Rims

No still don't have the new ones on. Haven't heard back yet that they would be in after I had to send them back. Trust me the day they go in will be the day pics will be on here!
;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I finally have my rims, but they won't be installed until 14th November, so the wait continues.

Are you purposely ignoring people asking what you paid and where you bought them?

Are you purposely ignoring people asking what you paid and where you bought them?

Sorry for that, I must have scrolled past that post. I got them through a local shop that ordered them from the states. They got them off a website called KMC WHEELS.COM. I paid $1100 if I recall correctly, installed and balanced (which hasn't happened yet)

So finally got them on!! I will take better pics in the daylight tomorrow hopefully, but this is it like promised, the day of the install.
In retrospect I wish I had gotten 22's with a lower profile tire, but since I decided to run the oem tires down first, this was the only way to go. Solution, these will be my year round rims/tires until I get back from deployment and then the summer following I will get some 22'sx9 for it.
I do like that these rims bring the tires out towards the body more and give a wider overall look.

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

i'm not sure if i care for the wheel design. i'm sure it will look better in daylight and with some tire shine..... but i definitely like the black w/ polished lip cause it ties in with the black and chrome accents on the truck...i also like the stance on it, what is the width on them? in the future i'm going to go with 22's. thumbs up for being one of the first to get aftermarket wheels on this gen....

Looks good CDN

Here are 2 pics from this morning:

Explorerrims1.jpg

Explorerrims3.jpg

Next mod will be new and bigger exhaust tips, same as Jetz did to his. :thumbsup:

Definately do 22s for sure. I think it would have complimented a lot better. I'd use these for the rougher time of the seasons.

Im getting min 22s when the time comes. But maybe 23 or 24. I've only priced 22s though. It'll be a while til I get mine unfortunately. I just don't want the large rims too look to ghetto fabulous

I think anything bigger than 22's will be weird looking and most definitely you will lose any advantages that come with an SUV, such as mobility. This is one reason I decided to stay with the 20's, low profile tires are easily dinged up in potholes that aren't always avoidable. That being said, I will get 22's for the summer and keep these ase my winter's. I must say it looks better in person still than in the pictures.

This also means, that my 20" chrome rims are up for grabs!

24's = 'pimp my ride'!
iconsmilebig.gif

22's max, or you will start dressing...differently dawg! Knowatimsayin? :D

birdmannweezy.jpg

Im getting min 22s when the time comes. But maybe 23 or 24. I've only priced 22s though. It'll be a while til I get mine unfortunately. I just don't want the large rims too look to ghetto fabulous

The edge sport wheels looked siiiiiiiiiiiiic!

Never really posted a good pic on here yet:

photo12.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

photo11.jpg

Looks even better in person. Awesome mods. It really looks great.

I think those lookd great. 20's in my opinion look good on the explorer. 22's would look good too but only because the lip on your wheels make them look a little smaller than 20's.
Very nice ride.

Back