MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The sooner the better for me, MFT on 2011 is horrible.

WOOHOO!

Good job Ford! If this is true, then MFT will finally be what we expected!

From the demo vid, I too noticed there was no outside temp! whats with that?

Nice update coming. According to engadget, we will be receiving a flash drive via mail. That's great.

From the release:

How has voice recognition experience been enhanced? We’ve improved the software to help ensure a
better voice recognition experience. For instance, the response time when pressing the voice button is
quicker, so drivers won’t experience a delay when conducting a voice request. Also, we’ve removed some
command requirements, such as the need to state a street direction (i.e. “North” Telegraph Road) and
extraneous artist information (i.e. Justin Bieber “[featuring Usher]”), making it easier to get what you want.
And, we’ve added new features such as SIRIUS Game Finder, which allows you to simply say “Tune to the
Lions game” and it will find which station is broadcasting the game. In addition, we have improved the
online training materials available to customers.

Sirius game finder:bounce:

I'd make this a "Sticky Thread" until we get a report from the first customer regarding their "Successful Installation" or an "Official Release" (like upgrade is out now kind of release).

What version is this? I have 2.11.
I got an email from Ford telling me I can download it now. Anybody else get that email?

Just got my email for the upgrade. May need to leave work early.

Yea, I just got an email too. Quite the surprise. I'm trying to get into the site to see the details, but it is slow...maybe getting hammered now that the email went out.

I just received the email from Ford stating that I can download an update to MyFordTouch. Naturally, syncmyride.com is unusable at this time, so I cannot get the full details about this specific update. Is this pending update that I can download and install today the same one that the press release and everything is talking about, with all the new bells and whistles?

If it is the new version they are going to mail out on USB drives then it is nice to have it early. I don't see how they can distribute the NAV information any other way than through the SD cards they would mail.

You sure that is not just 2.11 they are talking about? The real new version is due in early 2012. I am at work and saw the email but assumed it was 2.11!

I hope the Left & Right dash LCDs get some updates too. The right LCD when listening to AM/FM is garbage. The Left LCD doesn't remember where you were when you switch the tranny to manual and back.

Also, the warning on the backup camera needs to be moved higher. Right now its on the horizon line which makes it tough to drive in reverse safely.:thumbsup:

I don't see any updates.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't see any updates.

I'm not seeing any updates either. The latest version showing is 2.11. The site was down all morning but I just got in. Does anyone see anything different?

Back