• Register Today It's free!

Remote start wire Location help!

adambant

Reaction score
City, State
Bayonne, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 1999 XLT SOHC v6
Hey guys. Got my truck all apart right now. In the middle of installing my remote start/keyless entry. It is an Avital 4103. I have a print out from both, the12volt.com and caralarmpros.com of each wire color, location and function.

My problem is I cannot find the "factory disarm" wire. Both say "dark green/purple" for color, and for location both say drivers kick panel. However one adds to that with "4 pin connector"

The only 4 pin connector i see is up high, wich is from the "ring collar" thingy around the ignition switch that reads the PATS key. But wrong colors on both sides of that connector.

I have been looking for an hour. I took the drivers door panel off, the parking brake pedal assembly, to get more access behind that, as well as the big cover removed that your knees would be agains when sitting in seat.

I certainly do not see a 4 pin connector with a dark green and purple striped wire.

I did find 2 of them however in the FAT harness with MANY wiress bundled together, that runs to the back of the truck, behind parking brake assembly, then conitinuing on under the trim/rug pieces towards the rear of vehicle.

Any thoughts? Experience on this? Please :)

99 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should be right there in the drivers kick panel.. tap into it and hit the unlock button and see if you get voltage.

As I recall, when I did my install... I went up high at the driver kick panel location to get to the Disarm wire. I believe that same wire went all the way back to the RAP module by the driver side rear fender well. Here is the website I used to do my install except the guy that did the website was installing it in a '95 Explorer. Hopefully it is the same except for the PATs on your truck.

'95 Explorer Remote Start Install

Thanks, it works!

Thanks for the help guys. Giving me the link for the RAP pinout diagrams. It gave me an idea. Instead of testing one by one all 5 dark green with purple stripe wires i found in the kick panel, I just ran a new wire from the RAP. No guessing, and it works.

Was a long day, my knees are killing me :rolleyes: Remote start and keyless entry work perfect now. Finding that wire was the only problem I had today. Thanks again for the help!

Adam.

Not a problem! Glad you got it working. Enjoy the remote starter. I just installed my this past summer and I am glad I did. So nice walking into a warm truck from the cold weather. :D

Back