MFT Text now working | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Text now working

wish i could get this feature....i have a tmobile g2x. last time i tried, it still said my phone didn't support it via bluetooth (tried a week ago)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For those with iPhones (any iPhone), it is strictly an issue with Apple not supporting the MAP (messaging access protocol) bluetooth protocol in iOS. It's been known about for years, yet Apple has never done anything about it. It seems to me their support for bluetooth in general has been sketchy. I wouldn't count on them to fix it anytime soon...

I just picked up my Ex yesterday and I too was shocked the text messaging worked.

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800.

Ex is running "Sync Gen 2 V-2.11"

For those with iPhones (any iPhone), it is strictly an issue with Apple not supporting the MAP (messaging access protocol) bluetooth protocol in iOS. It's been known about for years, yet Apple has never done anything about it. It seems to me their support for bluetooth in general has been sketchy. I wouldn't count on them to fix it anytime soon...

After what I was told at Best Buy when my wifes Ipod crashed I wouldn't buy a wheelbarrow from Apple!
They were willing to "restore" it for me. $29.99 still under warranty I might add! Was told it was a software issue and all they would do is restore it for me. Oh really? And what about the next time it crashes?
All I was told was we will restore it for $29.99.
Went home read Apples warranty "useless" have to get their approval to send it back! Seriously? I can't let Best buy do that or Best buy won't do that? what is it?
Close to $300.00 spent on something that maybe they'll fix and maybe they won't........
Checked some more and the Geek Squad were wrong to. Error code 1611 indicates a hardware issue.
Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Text Began to Work

We were driving my EX during the Halloween Blizzard in Pennsylvania when suddenly my MFT started listing text messages to listen to. Many of them were funny since my sisters phone tries to auto-correct her spelling and often chooses the incorrect word. The messages read out with the wrong words turned in to a puzzle trying to figure out the correct message. I don't know why the text messages started since I had not reconfigured any of my settings or upgraded my cell phone.

well i tried again tonight and it still said my phone didnt support it... phone is g2x and running android 2.2.2

Hmmm not working with myTouch 4G slide ...

After what I was told at Best Buy when my wifes Ipod crashed I wouldn't buy a wheelbarrow from Apple!
They were willing to "restore" it for me. $29.99 still under warranty I might add! Was told it was a software issue and all they would do is restore it for me. Oh really? And what about the next time it crashes?
All I was told was we will restore it for $29.99.
Went home read Apples warranty "useless" have to get their approval to send it back! Seriously? I can't let Best buy do that or Best buy won't do that? what is it?
Close to $300.00 spent on something that maybe they'll fix and maybe they won't........
Checked some more and the Geek Squad were wrong to. Error code 1611 indicates a hardware issue.
Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I'm not an apple fanboy, but your problem isn't with apple it's with BestBuy. Never get support from them or geek squad. Google and/or the neighbors kid will be better. Either go to an Apple store or call them if your not close. Apple still sucks for the crappy Bluetooth support.

Dell Venue Pro. Can't see many consumers have it.... hence I wasn't surprised when it told me I had compatibility issues :p:

I can't say that I have talked to a lot of people with that phone! LOL

I just picked up my Ex yesterday and I too was shocked the text messaging worked.

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800.

Ex is running "Sync Gen 2 V-2.11"

Most BlackBerry's work very well with the texting feature on MFT! :thumbsup: Congrats on your new ride!

well i tried again tonight and it still said my phone didnt support it... phone is g2x and running android 2.2.2

Hmmm not working with myTouch 4G slide ...

Has anyone made a thread strictly for phones that do and don't support texting? If it's not on our Compatibility Chart, post your phone model, carrier, and if it allows you to text via MFT. It might be useful for people looking for a new phone.

http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/sync/usEN/sync_us_EN_iop_2_00.pdf

Think about it ;)

Rebecca

Back