Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

Got the Ex back around 5pm today.. So far, no squeaking brakes!!! Granted it's only been 3 hours however, it used to squeal in traffic and when pulling into the garage and neither happened today.

Everything has been addressed finally by Ford thus far except MFT which is coming 1st quarter of next year. I can finally say (may be a little premature) that the Ex is finally the vehicle it was meant to be.
That’s great news, blwnsmoke! I still have your details, so let me know if you need any more help.

Update please.
Brakes fixed?
Mine squeaking too. Been waiting for a fix before taking it in.
GWA1,

I have your VIN from previous messages, so drop me a line via PM and I’ll forward this to the Customer Service Manager in your area. Please be sure to include your mileage, contact info, and dealer name/state.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i made an appt for this Saturday with my local Ford Dealer since i was waiting until my next oil change. We have been dealing with these squeaky brakes for a while now, but like everyone says, it only happens when i am coming to a slow stop at a stop light, or just creeping along (like waiting for a light to turn green). I mentioned the "service bulletin", but the rep says it could be anything from a piece of foreign material, to something else. I would go for that usually, but to have an actual service bulletin written up for the exact issue I am having makes me a little mad they won't just replace them and get it over with. It's not like I'm the only one having the issue.

i made an appt for this Saturday with my local Ford Dealer since i was waiting until my next oil change. We have been dealing with these squeaky brakes for a while now, but like everyone says, it only happens when i am coming to a slow stop at a stop light, or just creeping along (like waiting for a light to turn green). I mentioned the "service bulletin", but the rep says it could be anything from a piece of foreign material, to something else. I would go for that usually, but to have an actual service bulletin written up for the exact issue I am having makes me a little mad they won't just replace them and get it over with. It's not like I'm the only one having the issue.

It is quite simple, Ford has UPDATED pads.. they changed them for a reason.

i made an appt for this Saturday with my local Ford Dealer since i was waiting until my next oil change. We have been dealing with these squeaky brakes for a while now, but like everyone says, it only happens when i am coming to a slow stop at a stop light, or just creeping along (like waiting for a light to turn green)...
Smoktya,

I’m happy to help by sending this to the Customer Service Manager in your area before you take it in this weekend. So I can do this, please send a PM with your contact information, approximate mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN.

Cory

GWA1,

I have your VIN from previous messages, so drop me a line via PM and I’ll forward this to the Customer Service Manager in your area. Please be sure to include your mileage, contact info, and dealer name/state.

Cory[/QUOTE]

Cory
Thanks for the offer but the Ex was at the dealer today and they replaced front brake pads and caliper bolts per TSB. My dealer is great. Carman Ford, New Castle, DE

So my wife told me yesterday that she is hearing this groaning sound now when she applies the brakes from a speed of 40+ mph. It goes with the speed of the ex so as she sloes, it slows which essentially quiets down.

It isnt loud but you can definately hear it. Going to give it a week and see if it is jist because the new pads are breaking in before I go back again. I drove it last night and heard it right away.. can duplicate it every time.

GWA1, turn your radio down and see if it happens with yours now. It reminds me of a jet enginr powering down (as in how it quiets/slowa down as you slow) but not nearly as loud. We can feel it in the brake pedal as well.

...Thanks for the offer but the Ex was at the dealer today and they replaced front brake pads and caliper bolts per TSB. My dealer is great. Carman Ford, New Castle, DE
That’s great to hear you’re being taken care of, GWA1. :):thumbsup:

So my wife told me yesterday that she is hearing this groaning sound now when she applies the brakes from a speed of 40+ mph...It isnt loud but you can definately hear it. Going to give it a week and see if it is jist because the new pads are breaking in before I go back again...
blwnsmoke,

I still have your Explorer’s details, so shoot a message if you’d like a follow-up call.

Cory

So my wife told me yesterday that she is hearing this groaning sound now when she applies the brakes from a speed of 40+ mph. It goes with the speed of the ex so as she sloes, it slows which essentially quiets down.

It isnt loud but you can definately hear it. Going to give it a week and see if it is jist because the new pads are breaking in before I go back again. I drove it last night and heard it right away.. can duplicate it every time.

GWA1, turn your radio down and see if it happens with yours now. It reminds me of a jet enginr powering down (as in how it quiets/slowa down as you slow) but not nearly as loud. We can feel it in the brake pedal as well.

How'd you know the radio was blasting? LOL I noticed a mild groaning type noise right away. Sounds like pads against rotors. I'm going to break them in for awhile and see what happens. Not loud at all.

How'd you know the radio was blasting? LOL I noticed a mild groaning type noise right away. Sounds like pads against rotors. I'm going to break them in for awhile and see what happens. Not loud at all.

Lol, glad it is happening with yours too. Hopefully just a break in period. Prefer this over the squealing any day.

Keep us posted guys, delaying on taking mine in pending your outcome.

GWA1,

Is it possible blwnsmoke has ESPN or something? ;)

Keep us posted guys, delaying on taking mine in pending your outcome.
Janskim,

If you choose to take yours in and you’d like additional help, shoot a PM and I’ll be happy to forward the details.

Cory

I got my Explorer serviced yesterday for the squeaky brakes. I told them about the TSB since they haven't had any customer complaints and they pulled it right up on their computer. After taking some measurements and sending them to Ford, they got the OK to resurface my rotors, replace the pads and some misc bolts. The whole ordeal took about 3 hours and i have not had any of my previous issues surface yet. I will keep everybody posted if I do.

...After taking some measurements and sending them to Ford, they got the OK to resurface my rotors, replace the pads and some misc bolts. The whole ordeal took about 3 hours and i have not had any of my previous issues surface yet. I will keep everybody posted if I do.
That’s great news, Smoktya. Please don’t hesitate to send a PM if you’d like any further help. :)

Cory

Just wanted to update, 1,500 miles so far and not a single squeak but the groaning noise is still there.

Going to bring it in again.

I don't understand why everyone here is able to get the brakes taken care of via the TSB, and I'm told by two dealerships, and by an escalated Customer Service Manager that applying the TSB would be throwing parts at the car. I've had two dealerships deny the warranty repair now based on Ford not approving it because the tech can't reproduce the problem that happens "intermittently" as described in the bulletin.

Whether my tech heard it or not, my SA did say they duplicated it. I could duplicate it everytime and was prepared to for them if needed.

Just wanted to update, 1,500 miles so far and not a single squeak but the groaning noise is still there.

Going to bring it in again.

I don't understand why everyone here is able to get the brakes taken care of via the TSB, and I'm told by two dealerships, and by an escalated Customer Service Manager that applying the TSB would be throwing parts at the car. I've had two dealerships deny the warranty repair now based on Ford not approving it because the tech can't reproduce the problem that happens "intermittently" as described in the bulletin.
blwnsmoke & w1kedz,

I still have your Explorer’s info, so please let me know via PM if you’d like to have a follow-up call from the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Cory

Had the windows and brake TSB completed on Nov 18. The window streaks have been corrected, but I can still hear and feel the brakes even after the TSB was done. While the brakes are about 50% better, it still concerns me that the brake TSB was not a complete fix. Anyone else experiencing similar issues after having the brake TSB done?

Does the TSB say to resurface rotors as a fix? How about new rotors? You guys do understand that the rotors are a wear item and resurfacing them "wears" them, right?

Have you guys with brake issues tried to go out and "bed" your brakes?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tsb states if greater then 28.5mm, they are to be resurfaced. If less, they get replaced. Mine got resurfaced.

Back