Double your pleasure... DIY Doubler! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Double your pleasure... DIY Doubler!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you do for the spud shaft? I'm planning on starting a doubler build next year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's your ratio?

How did you build the little shaft?

I'm very aroused...

Now that's more like it! I plan on working her over on Friday...stay posted for pictures. As far as some specs- crawl ratio of 6.15:1 used a Borg-Warner 1350 manual shift added exactly 12" to the overall length retained the factory electric shift "main case" used original factory Ford manual floor shift linkage and boot for new "crawl box" didn't cost me anything to build, just paid for the new linkage and boot from the dealer (junkyard?) designed and built to be easy to remove if necessary

..Anxiously awaiting more details..:popcorn:

Sorry guys, it's flu and cold season in my house and I haven't had any free time to work on it. I'm hoping for some time tomarrow, but that is dependant on how much better the wife is feeling by then...

Dope her up with some Nyquil and get to work!:D

Reactions: ~X~

When you do get around to a writeup, how about starting a new thread for it? That way, this one can be deleted.

You going to run a 2nd cross member or just move the stock location back? That's a lot of weight to move 12" back. Gives it a lot of leverage.

How are you oiling the front case?

Splash lube front case more then likely.

To me what i see is he made a plate to blockoff for doubler case. Took a trans tailshaft housing and bolted it up to the plate then jsut bolted on the rear case like you would without a doubler. Not sure what he did for the shaft but probably wasnt to hard.

Only downfall this way vs. a kit is the length. This setup wouldnt work in a 2 door due to the length.

What I am wondering is...Is the reason to use the tail shaft housing, a way to avoid having a shaft machined or not? What shaft was used in this build? Hmmmm....

Man, that one, lonely, solitary pictures is about as big a freekin' tease as the lap dance that I got from my wife after being deployed for almost a full F' year. Hurry up allready 'cause maybe I can go steal some parts off of the A4 that I just dumped off at the junkyard yesterday...

Offhand, ANYBODY know if the output on the rear of the Xcase will "magically" spline into the INput on another 'case? The length looks about right..... Guess that I could tear into the 2 cases that are laying up in the barn. :scratch:

Man, that one, lonely, solitary pictures is about as big a freekin' tease as the lap dance that I got from my wife after being deployed for almost a full F' year. Hurry up allready 'cause maybe I can go steal some parts off of the A4 that I just dumped off at the junkyard yesterday...

LOL!!! :D But yeah I think we all would love to see the write up for this!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

(Chant from crowd goes HERE:) Write up! (clap, clap) Write up! (clap, clap) and so on until we get the Write up!...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back