• Register Today It's free!

axle perchs?

MountainMonkey

Reaction score
City, State
canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
hey everyone. i've been searching this forum and every website that i could find and i cant find axle perchs for the ford 8.8 or a soa kit for the 93 explorer. i've also checked auto stores like nappa and lordco and they cant get axle perchs. a few threads on this site talk about a no weld soa kit from super lift but i cant find it on there site. so if any one has a link to a site with what im looking for i would appreciate it, i would really like to finish up my lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello MountainMonkey,

YOU COULD DO SOME PICTURES on the lift that you install on your truck? Can give ideas of course not want to disturb you only if it is possible for you to do
thank you very much

-:exp::exp:

I have a Superlift SOA on my 91. My question is do you realy want an axle perch that is not welded to the axle tube? I believe that any shop would weld it for just a little cash. A stable axle perch is critical to maintain pinion angle.

I also use the superlift .its nice because it has shock mounts and you can still use sway bar, witch you loose with others

You may be able to use an axle flip kit designed for an F-150. I believe the axle tube is the same size. They are square u-shaped to be used in conjunction with the existing spring perch. They are used to lower the F-150 but will put the Explorer SOA. http://summitracing.com/parts/DJM-FK3000-5/

I have a Superlift SOA on my 91. My question is do you realy want an axle perch that is not welded to the axle tube? I believe that any shop would weld it for just a little cash. A stable axle perch is critical to maintain pinion angle.
having the perchs welded to the tube would be much better, but i figured if i need to buy a kit it might as well be the easiest to install. im also assuming that if theres a no weld kit that it must work good or it wouldnt be available.

here with 2" coil spacers with aal and warrior shackles in back
DSCF0368.jpg

and this is after with a 4"rough country lift.
DSCF0416.jpg

DSCF0417.jpg

DSCF0415.jpg

the rear isnt sitting to much lower with the aal and shackles but it still looks goofy. i was just going to get really big custum shackles but i decided against that. and ya you can see that i have replaced the pitman arm or totaly removed the sway bar.

Bumps stops just decrease available travel anyway. ;)

:thumbsup:Good job it is mounted perfectly
shock absorbers Replacing Have You make please with rough country lift.

i think the bump stops with this lift are needed. in a bunch of other threads people complain about cracked front diffs from it hitting on the one lift bracket. and im not sure about the shocks yet because i havent taken it out for a drive yet. i think they will need replacing again because the 4" rough country shocks need to be fully extended to use with the 4" lift... so im thinking there will be limited down travell.

That's only one lift and it doesn't matter if you have them or not it will still hit.

Um, you mean you think the shock absorbers rough country are too short for this 4"
You can be the means to move towards shock RANCHO RS 9000 they have a stroke adjustment

Back