• Register Today It's free!

2" lift

baphomet666

Reaction score
City, State
Bordeaux,FRANCE
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer.1994. 4WD
After reading and discussing with members of the forum I'll redo my 2 "lift.
The first does not satisfied me not.

choice configuration for the rear

- 2 Add- a- leaf R225 Skyjacker
- 2 WAR153 Lift Shackles 1.25" to 2"
- 2 shocks absorber rancho Rs5000 and two for the front
-Removed rear sway bar

If you see an error say me please.

For the front

I wanted to install the F150 coil seats. but Ford say that is finish this part.
For those who want look here but watch the price is scary

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=106

I board was dicussion with" Find and Maniak" and as he said the best thing for me is to do with (coil spacers) it's a better price and is easy for shipping from FRANCE

For those who have already make what the best
Daystar Polyurethane or metal the two bolts that What they are extenssion I have to buy in more

Maniak
also told me that I would also buy the adjustable Camber / Caster cams / shims the brand called SPC.

Here do I apply for aus member who made a lift 2 "if this configuration is good or I'm missing something

I intend to do a thread with pictures that will some members may be interested

Thank you very all and Find and Maniak for advice and help you make for me

AND APOLOGIES FOR MY BAd ENGLISH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You don't need AAL and shackles. Not for 2" anyway. Just get some 4" longer shackles. AAL will make your ride harsh and stiff.
I am not a fan of the spring spacer, but it gets the job done.

Thank very much for your answer.
I either did not want (coil spacers) but it is almost impossible to find (F150 coil seats) at a reasonable price.
And here in France in the cemeteries of cars have not F150 for parts
So I have to do with (coil spacers).
or find the address of cemeteries of cars US to ask for sale (F150 coil seats) used.
I think for find (F150 coil seats ) Used only a member of the forum can help me to find it

-:exp::exp:

F150 coil seats are the same thing as spacers. I would recommend replacing the front coil springs.

There is a post in the for sale section for a 2" lift. Shipping will be high, but I think he has everything you need.

EDIT: here you go.
http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299635

I'm completely lost

hello for all

:banghead:****, I may be going too fast in my order.
I'll explain, I think I'm a little disturbs

I have received and they are at home

Skyjacker - Front Coil Springs 132X - Rear Add-A-Leafs R225

Shock Absorber RANCHO RS5000

RS5039 Rancho Shock Absorber for the front
RS5185 Rancho Shock Absorber for the rear

Lift Shackles 1/2" to 2" WAR153 and new U bolts

If i understand your explanation I miss Camber/Caster Shims #1039H 0 - 2 Deg. Skyjacker OR SPC, can you tell me if these are the good parts and also please give me the reference number of SPC

If I understood so I do not need to F150 coil seats or coil spacers.
since I already Front Coil Springs 132x

I hope you understand my explanation, please said me if all these parties are good to do my 2 "lift .

Maybe I bought too much or not enough
I'm really tired of being taken for a person who does not understand all the explanations and advice you gave me.
The language barrier is certainly the fault

you can help me again please , I would really succeed
this 2 "lift.

But I think that without your help I can not do correctly
thank you very much to all members who will step in and help me in this embodiment

And once again I am truly sorry for my bad ENGLISH

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

You do not need the spacers or lower spring seats since you already have the coil springs.

The spc 23194 will get you the most adjustment. When the alignment shop installs them for you they can use the excess camber adjustment towards the caster. If you have a shop the knows how to align fords ttb style suspension they may have the part for you.

You will need a shop to align the camber and toe unless you buy more tools.

~Mark

You do not need the spacers or lower spring seats since you already have the coil springs.

The spc 23194 will get you the most adjustment. When the alignment shop installs them for you they can use the excess camber adjustment towards the caster. If you have a shop the knows how to align fords ttb style suspension they may have the part for you.

You will need a shop to align the camber and toe unless you buy more tools.

~Mark

I think I'll have to do it myself, I made three points alignment garage say they do not know on my truck
Ford even worse they do not know how to proceed

I'm in trouble

Mark you think I can do my 2 "lift with the parties that I have
nothing is missing except for the setting sleeves
I fear that the RS5000 I think are too short. More to go to the RS 9000 What do you think of this Affair

Thank you very much

Je ne sais pas comment taper en français, j'utilise un traducteur. Je ne peux parler un peu parce que je suis un chef cuisinier.

Combien de temps sont les chaînes? Si elles sont assez longues, vous n'aurez pas besoin de l'ajouter une feuille ou des boulons en U. L'ajouter une feuille sera raide et éviter que la roue d'articuler bien. Le trajet sera aussi rude.

Vous devriez chercher un magasin alignement différent. Ces camions ne sont pas difficiles à aligner. Si ils peuvent aligner un axe rectiligne, alors ils peuvent faire ces.

Bonne chance. Nous sommes là pour vous aider si vous en avez besoin.

Post-scriptum Laissez-moi savoir comment bien le traducteur travaill

:thumbsup:I understand you
the shackles are to lift up to 2 "
So before put the springs and rings and the rear only shakles not need to AAL.
The translation is good thank you for your effort Mr tweakedlogic

going to have to buy a tool to compress the springs Skyjacker
are larger and less easy to implement

These are good
Specialty Products 23194 - SPC Ford/Mazda Caster/Camber Sleeves
Specialty Products #827-23194
Camber/Caster Sleeve, 2WD (3.50 degrees) / 4WD (2.75 degrees) Sold Each

Vous n'avez pas besoin d'acheter un compresseur de ressort. Retirer les écrous de rayon le bras sur les deux bras. Vous aurez besoin d'une clé 1 1/8 pouce. Il s'agit de la même taille que l'écrou de fixation du ressort. Bien que je recommande un 1 1/8 "socket. Vous devriez alors être en mesure d'appuyer sur le moyeu avec votre pied pour obtenir le printemps po Vous pourriez avoir besoin d'un levier, mais je ne pense pas.

Pour les bagues d'alignement, vous aurez besoin d'un diplôme prabably 3. J'avais besoin d'un degré 4 avec mes 2 3/4" ascenseur. Vous pourriez être en mesure d'obtenir très près avec ceux des cales que vous avez trouvé.

You don't need to buy a spring compressor. Remove the radius arm nuts on both arms. You will need a 1 1/8 inch wrench. This is the same size as the spring retainer nut. Though I recomend a 1 1/8" socket. You should then be able to press down on the hub with your foot to get the spring in. You might need a pry bar, but I don't think so.

For the alignment bushings, you will prabably need a 3 degree. I needed a 4 degree with my 2 3/4" lift. You might be able to get very close with those shims you found.

:scratch: You talk about the nuts of this radius arm

Non, ce sont les rivits pour le support de bras de rayon. Sur le dos de cette tranche d'il ya un écrou de chaque côté. Ceux noix de raccorder le bras de rayon à l'étrier.

No, those are the rivits for the radius arm bracket. On the back of that bracket there one nut on each side. Those nuts connect the radius arm to the bracket.

:( Sorry I do not know what you want to explain.
Maybe a picture to better understand

He is talking about the nuts that are there on each side to hold the radius arm to the bracket you removed. I drew an arrow in your picture to point you to them.

Attachments

• 4610298614.jpg
    4610298614.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,042

radiusarmnutlocation.jpg

You beat me to it.

:hammer::hammer:Ok I understand, unscrew the large bolt, to bring down the radius arm.
more low :rolleyes: is obvious

now buy the Camber/Caster Sleeve, 2WD (3.50 degrees) / 4WD (2.75 degrees) spc 23194
I hope it is good Camber/Caster Sleeve with degrees adequate for the setting.

Do you think that as a precaution I must take other Camber/Caster Sleeve with
greater degrees, here in the alignment garage they have not these parts

http://www.jegs.com/i/Specialty-Products/827/23194/10002/-1?parentProductId=755168

These popular sleeves by SPC Performance are widely used to adjust caster and/or camber on many Ford and Mazda trucks. To install, simply loosen and remove upper ball joint pinch bolt. Remove top snap ring if one is present. Use a sleeve puller to remove the existion sleeve. To save time during alignment, use p/n 827-23199 zero degree sleeve to determine initial readings, then install correct sleeve. One sleeve per wheel is required. Note: Sleeves adjust to a smaller degree on Ford 4WD light trucks.

Thank you very much

If you know what size camber cam adjuster you already have you do not have to install a 0" cam. You can figure out what your camber would be with a 0 degree cam by subtracting or adding the cam you have installed now to the reading you get when you check your camber. You can also rotate the camber cam you already have so it will set the adjustment at 0 and then you can check your camber. Look on the top of the Cam that is already on your truck. Normally it has a # on it. Keep in mind though, the # on the top may be for a 2wd truck as the same Cam can be used on a 4x4 or a 4x2 and it will get you different amounts of adjustment.

When you buy the SPC Camber cam you just need cams that will get you enough Camber adjustment. You do not have to buy the biggest one, although that may help you in the future.

By doing it this way, you may throw you caster off some but unless your caster is very far off it will not matter.

In order for you to do your own alignment you need to buy another tool. I personally own an SPC 91000 which is a camber/caster gauge you connect to the tire so you can measure you Camber. They sell a toe adapter for it to make it easier to check and set your toe too.

Here is the video from SPC on how to use the 91000.

In the Video, they are showing the use of Camber plates. You can make your own. Just take 2 pieces of sheet metal and put bearing grease between them and then put that under the tire. The Tires/wheel will now move freely. Make 1 set for each front tire.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a video on installing the Camber/Cam which is also called a sleeve. The ones SPC sells (I posted a part # earlier in the thread) are adjustable and you can adjust them while the tires are installed.

Now, what is this ring you are speaking of? Post a picture so we know what part your talking about.

~Mark

Back