Blazin8556's 97 X | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blazin8556's 97 X

My 1997 Ford Explorer XLT AWD 5.0. Purchased for $500. It had been sitting for a year with a blown head gasket. Installed on it when i got it was overload springs, air shocks and lines, 31" BFG, and a trailer brake controller (which is no longer in the truck due to an almost accident it caused when the ground line wrapped itself around the steering shaft).

So far i have done a short console swap out of a 2 door manual shift which made me loose my cd changer. I swapped in a 2000 cd/tape deck and installed an ashtray/power point from a ranger/explorer (purchased from ebay).

Looking around on here i found a couple of things that i am planning on doing. which is a M5R2 manual transmission (reason for short console) and an electronic 4406 transfer case. i already put in the GEM for a 96 4x4.

As far as lighting goes. so far i have only put on an auxilary tractor light on the back bumper wired into the reverse lights. I would like to have a brush guard of some kind with lights on it and a roof basket with a couple of lights and put my spare on top.

Wheels i would like are just some cheap factory steel wheels that are sanded and powder coated or just painted black. That way if i bend a rim i can easily find a new match and won't be out of much money.

will have pics as soon as i figure out how to link them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wicked Explorer dude. I wish my EATC had variable speeds.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wicked Explorer dude. I wish my EATC had variable speeds.

what do you have just high and off? did you add it or is it stock?

Yeah only high and off. It was an add on.

i had to rerun one of my wires from the back of the eatc to the control module. i tried two different modules and they both did the same thing. can't remember which wire i ran but it started working correctly after that. my compressor still doesn't kick on and off by itself.

THANK YOU! I've been trying to figure it out but I guess I'll just play with the extra wires! My compressor turns on fine though... Did you hook up straight to the purple wire?

yea the purples are direct. no relay. its a 97 with a 98 eb eatc.

i abandoned my trucks original fan speed wires and reran them throught the shifter cable grommet and zip tied them to the main harness for now.

i quit smoking this week. (boy is it rough). with the money that i would have spent on smokes i got me some seats out of a 99. these are in really nice shape. infact the whole truck was. i guess the motor or trans went cause the inside looked brand new. paid $40 for both of these. now i can use my old seats to start my quad seats.

286492_2135354816427_1022764256_32056972_3950311_o.jpg

started on my rear buckets today. just getting everything figured out.

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

Good luck staying off the evil smokes mate! I've set a date to give up (16/06/2012) money being the main reason, anyway just wanted to say stay strong.

Good luck staying off the evil smokes mate! I've set a date to give up (16/06/2012) money being the main reason, anyway just wanted to say stay strong.

thanks man. i took pills for two weeks (i think) and noticed i was smoking less and less. i ran outta pills and i really would like to go buy some smokes now. lol. its getting better though.

got a visit from the window gremlin.

IMAG0405.jpg

just ordered my warrior lift shackles.

got my shackles today!!! been waiting to put all the new suspension stuff in so i can get one alignment. i already put in the speakers, i had 2 sets, just one box shown. sounds awesome. looking at a 8 inch kicker in a factory sub box and a small kicker 300 watt amp.

IMAG0430.jpg

brown box is a blend door kit (yaay :rolleyes: )

Good stuff mate. Higher and louder:thumbsup:

FOR SALE.

I got a 76 el camino last year and wound up giving it to my father in law and he gave it back a few months ago. its going to be fuel injected with overdrive . i have the motor together gotta work on the wire harness and computer and do some body work and paint it, and its getting all new interior.

anyways make offer, its for sale locally as well. i have alot of extra parts to go with it including the 4406. located in the north mississippi/memphis tn area.

Back