Allaa's 2008 Explorer XLT 4WD V6 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Allaa's 2008 Explorer XLT 4WD V6

Allaa's Ursula - 2008 Explorer XLT 4WD V6

Welcome to my new Elite registry.

My name is Allaa' and this is my Ursula (named by my wife) 2008 Explorer XLT .

Bought it Band new for $26133.33USD on Jan-10-2008 equipped with factory skid plate (for the tank), 3rd row seats with axillary A/C, key pad, parking asset (rear sensors) and auto headlights

I fill in love with the Ex from the first time I drove my friends 1998 explorer and that was on 2005, and when the time came for me to buy my first SUV, the explorer was the best compromise between price and specifications

and here she is:

Window Sticker

IMG-20120322-00018.jpg

IMG_20120627_065911.jpg

Current Mods:

Interior:
  • Garmin nüvi® 1410 / Garmin Oregon® 550
  • OEM optional Security Shade
  • Pioneer TS-G6843R 6"x8" 2-way Speakers front and rear
  • ScanGauge II

Exterior:
  • Radiator skid plate
  • KoolVue power heated side mirrors with chrome
  • Taillight guards
  • Thule 611 Boxter
  • ARB Touring Awning 2500mm #ARB108US
How To: Fix ARB Awning on 4th Gen OEM Roof Rack

Lighting:
  • Philips Xtreme Power Halogen Bulbs for the headlights
  • IPF 6" Round High Performance Light Kit #968CSG

Engine: V6 4.0L SOHC
  • Mobil1 0W-40 Synthetic Oil
  • Davis Unified Ignition Screamin' Demon with LiveWire #4-0-0207BK
  • Bosch Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plugs #4505
  • aFe Power Pro Dry S™ Air Filer #31-10074
  • JBA Cat4ward Headers Titanium Ceramic Coated #1674SJT
  • MagnaFlow Hi Flow Cat #46004
  • MagnaFlow Cat-Back #16773
  • SCT LiveWire #9600 with Power Maker Dyno tuning

Transmission: 5R55S
  • TCI Intermediate Jumbo Servo Kit #576005
  • TCI Overdrive Jumbo Servo Kit #576006
  • TCI High Performance Input Shaft #579600
  • Performance Automatic Deep Pan with Dipstick kit #PA27455KT
  • Eliminating Cold-Start Valve, Valve Body Modification
How To: Upgrade and Beef-up 5R55W/S Transmission
How To: Eliminate Cold-Start Valve in 5R55W/S Valve-Body for Full Trans-Cooler Flow

Drive-Line
  • Re-gearing Axle Ratio from 3.55 into 3.73
  • Front end Torsen Helical LSD #975420-0831A
  • Rear end TrueTrac Helical LSD #913A561
  • EBC 3GD Series Sport Front Rotors #GD7382
  • EBC 3GD Series Sport Rear Rotors #GD7151
  • Eibach Pro 25mm Spacer Kits #90.4.25.010.3
  • LT265/70R17 Yokohama GeoLandar A/T-S
Maximum Traction Solution - 4th Gen
How to: Upgrade Brake System

Suspension
  • Front Old Man Emu Springs #2701
  • Rear Truxxx Lift Spacers 1.5" #102010
  • Rancho QuickLift Loaded Suspensions 1.75"/1.5"
    Front Left #RS999939 / Front Right #RS999924
    Rear Left #RS999942 / Rear Right #RS999927​
  • BTF-FAB Uni-Ball Extended Upper Control Arms
Lifting 4th Gen with Truxxx Leveling Kit + Rancho QuickLift
4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint

Off Road Accessories
  • ARB portable air compressor #CKMP12
  • ARB premium recovery kit #RK9
  • ARB Speedy Seal Tire Repair Kit #10000010
  • Oasis Trailhead Tire Deflator Kit 5psi to 20psi #DKR
  • Sportz SUV tent
  • Shovel
  • Bacho steel handle camp axe
  • Crescent Mechanics Tool Set, 170-Piece #CTK170CMP
  • Crowbar
  • Travelmate LED camp light Nahar1 #TM6020-30TR
  • IGLOO 50 QUART ISLAND BREEZE MAXCOLD™ ROLLER #00045072
  • Smittybilt W.A.S.P. Winch Anchor Support Platform #2727
  • 48" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack #XT-485
  • Hi-Lift Jack Lift-Mate #LM-100
  • Hi-Lift Jack Bumper Lift #BL-250
  • Hi-Lift Jack Black Handle-Keeper #HK-B
  • Hi-Lift ********-Road Base #ORB
  • Sterling Equipment Truck Winch Mount Guard - Gator Model #83XGWP-G -W/L - W/1" Rod Tow Loops Under Cradle
  • Mile Marker HI12000 lb hydraulic winch #75-52000C

Projects in the near future
  • TRS BI-XENON: MINI D2S 2.0 HID Retrofit Kit:
    • 1 x D2S: Morimoto Elite HID System (MotoEliteD2S)
      Ballasts 35w: Morimoto 3Five (Long Cord Outputs)
      Bulbs 35w: Philips 85122+ 4300K D2S
      Wire Harness Canbus: H13/9008​
    • 1 x Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini D2S 2.0 (MiniD2SBix)
    • 1 x OCI Butyl Rubber Glue (OCiGlue)
    • 1 x Gatling Gun (GatlingGun)
  • 2007-2011 Ford Expedition Auxiliary Transmission Cooler #9L3Z-7A095-A
  • Summit Racing Remote Transmission Filter Kit #G4980

Removed mods:
  • KKM TrueREv Intake #054004 (because it is a Hot Air Intake)
  • TransGo SK 5R55W/S/N #T46165
  • TCI Master Overhaul Kit #579005 (comes with all Alto Red Eagle clutches and Kolene steels plus two Red Eagle bands which are just plane garbage, complately burned after only 8 months and 25k mile)
AEM’s Brute Force Dryflow™ on KKM TrueRev CAI

email: allaa.hassan@gmail.com
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AllaaHassan
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/allaa_hassan
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/allaa.a.hassan

4929363629_cb40c804f9_b.jpg

5759849087_2ba6bff8a1_b.jpg

5760388200_18ee8d572b_b.jpg

5744508076_b3791cdb5f_b.jpg

5744506024_c43cfcb3d7_b.jpg

5686589963_bcc7a2a07b_b.jpg

That's all for now guys, have a nice day :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today I ordered TRS BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI D2S 2.0 retrofit kit

It consist of:
  • 1 x D2S: Morimoto Elite HID System (MotoEliteD2S) = $210.00
    Ballasts 35w: Morimoto 3Five (Long Cord Outputs)
    Bulbs 35w: Philips 85122+ 4300K D2S
    Wire Harness Canbus: H13/9008​
  • 1 x Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini D2S 2.0 LHD (MiniD2SBix) = $110.00
  • 1 x OCI Butyl Rubber Glue (OCiGlue) = $15.00
  • 1 x Gatling Gun (GatlingGun) = $50.00

hope it become a good retrofit project :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today finally I received BTF-FAB 1/2" extended upper control arms with uni ball for 4th Gen.

They look great, though I need to pain them first before I'll be able to Install them.

Tomorrow I'll have them painted and installed, I'll post photos of them on Friday at most

Extra Auxiliary Transmission Cooler with a Remote Transmission Filter kit

now i'm planing to install an extra Auxiliary Transmission Cooler with a remote transmission filter kit.

I'm planing of using:
  • 2007-2011 Ford Expedition Auxiliary Transmission Cooler #9L3Z-7A095-A (because of it's shape I'm thinking of install it in the lower gap in the grill)

getimage.php

• Summit Racing Remote Transmission Filter Kit #G4980 with MotorCarft FL-400S Filter

sum-g4980_w.jpg

Today I've installed the extended upper control arm and they work great

the installation was a direct procedure

• jack the vehicle
  • remore the tire
  • remove the side bolts of the UCA
  • remove the bolt that attached the spindal with UCA
  • install the new UCA with putting a new washer for the side bolts and repeat every thing in reverse

only one thing when I ordered them I request them to be extended for 1/2" which i discovered it is just fit with the UCA pushed all the way back and there are no space for a tolerances or further adjustments

so I recommend the the arms extend 3/8" to be more adjustable

here are they with full drop down

attachment.php

here are they with the vehicle jacked down

attachment.php

attachment.php

4x4 system is back again and it is fully operational :D

Today I received both harness

it turned out that 8L2Z-7A786-AA is the right one for my Ursula

After disconnecting the battery. I plugged 8L2Z-7A786-AA to the main harness and 4x4 Module behind glove box, then I trace it down to underneath passenger seat. I removed the seat and completed wiring the harness to the transfer case.

After returning everything back, I took Ursula for a test drive and everything is just fine, 4x4 system is fully operational :D

after
for an unknown reason the harness off the transfer case got tangled with the drive shaft, now my Ursula is a setting duck with out 4x4 :(

I tried to get the harness form the local ford dealer but it turns out that they don't provide. :banghead: :mad:

so I ordered them from GaryYeomansFord.com through fordparts.com

6L2Z-7A786-BA
8L2Z-7A786-AA

hopefully they come soon

Up to date I'm waiting for the harness, 6L2Z-7A786-BA is on back order and Ursula is still without 4x4

attachment.php

it looks like you have enough clearance for a 285/75r16 for your next set of tires

attachment.php

it looks like you have enough clearance for a 285/75r16 for your next set of tires

Maybe in the future, for now I'm quite happy with 32" All Terrain LT265/70R17 121/118R E/10PLY Yokohama GeoLandar A/T-S mated with 3.73 gear ratio

for larger tires I need at least 4.10 ratio, also I need to do some inner panels trimming to give more clearance in-front of front tires

Looking good my friend. You are an inspiration to me and I certainly have plans for my Ex based on the work you have done to yours. Thanks again for 'Exploring' those paths.

After only 8 months and 25K Mile of a complete overhaul using TCI Ultimate Master Racing Overhaul Kit #579005, the transmission quit on me again (this time I lost the auto function + reverse) with only P1700 code and when I dropped the transmission for a complete inspection, I found that I have damaged overdrive one way clutches (rotate free-wheal in both direction) and burned clutches and bands.

It turns out that TCI Ultimate Master Racing Overhaul Kit #579005 comes with all Alto Red Eagle clutches, flex bands and Kolene steels are just plane garbage and a big waste of money

The lesson I learned: Never trust a rebuild kit from any vendor if it contains Alto Red Eagle clutches, Alto Red Eagle flex bands and Kolene steels

so after reading lots of threads about beefing up 5R55S I ordered Level 10 PTS Automatic Bulletproof Rebuilding Kit 5R55S while keeping TCI Jumbo Servos and input Shaft.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_0708_ford_performance_transmission_build/index.html

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_1106_5r55s_transmission_rebuild/viewall.html

mmfp_0708_02_z+5R55S_level_10_transmission_build+internals.jpg

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with your tranny. Having to rebuild it twice certainly isn't something any of us wants to do. Hopefully this new kit will solve your issues. Good luck.

i recall reading somewhere that you switched out your front truxxx spacers for Old Man Emu springs to compensate for the added weight of the sterling winch mount brush guard, is this true? if so, did you achieve the same amount of lift as your quicklift loaded assemblies + truxxx setup?

i recall reading somewhere that you switched out your front truxxx spacers for Old Man Emu springs to compensate for the added weight of the sterling winch mount brush guard, is this true? if so, did you achieve the same amount of lift as your quicklift loaded assemblies + truxxx setup?

yes I did

I used Old Man Emu Springs for LandCruiser 200 Series #2701 (MEDIUM LOAD (UP TO 220 LBS) 1" LIFT)

my mistake is I forgot the difference in the weight between the LandCruiser and the Explorer

It was impassible to install them on the QuickLift, I had to cut a complete turn of the top of them to be able to install them with an industrial spring compressor.

Even with that I gained more lift than I want and the ride become so harsh, I had to cut small pieces of them in trial and error method till I reached the desired level (I kept the front 1/8" higher then the rear for settling)

Now I'm very happy with the result,

in the front I gained 4" of total lift (1" from the tires + 3" from QL struts and OME Springs) compared with stock

in the rear end I gained 3" of total lift (1" from the tires + 2" from QL struts and Truxxx Spacers) compared with stock

hopefully by tomorrow I'll post the measurements and the photos if this setup

note:

I think it is better to use OME #2700 (STOCK/LIGHT LOAD - 1" LIFT) with QuickLift to avoid cutting or at least minimize the amount that is needed to be cut

and if you want to install them to stock struts then you should use OME#2702 (STOCK/LIGHT LOAD - 2" LIFT)

Thank you allaa!

Would you think its possible to go with a MEDIUM LOAD 2" spring instead of a STOCK/LIGHT LOAD 2". My truck sags in the front because of mud that has dried inside my frame rails and front cross member, so I think I might have to have stronger springs. And are landcruisers heavier than explorers?

Thank you allaa!

Would you think its possible to go with a MEDIUM LOAD 2" spring instead of a STOCK/LIGHT LOAD 2". My truck sags in the front because of mud that has dried inside my frame rails and front cross member, so I think I might have to have stronger springs. And are landcruisers heavier than explorers?

I think Steve that you should stick with STOCK/LIGHT LOAD 2"

cause the LandCruiser's Stock Springs are already stronger than the explorer's springs. And the Old Man Emu Springs are stronger than LandCruiser's stock springs

The LandCruiser 200 Series Curb Weight: 5,690 lbs.

The 2002 Explorer 4x4 Automatic V6 Curb Weight: 4,344 lbs.
The 2008 Explorer 4x4 Automatic V6 Curb Weight: 4,694 lbs.

As you see the LandCruiser 200 Series is 1,346 lbs. heavier than the 2002 Explorer 4x4 Automatic V6

http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/accessorizeYourRig/toyotaLandCruiser200.pdf

Back