Best alternator for what i have on my truck please help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best alternator for what i have on my truck please help

Patened

Reaction score
City, State
prdebevec@gmail.com
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
I have a 1991 ford explorer i have a sound system in it and 2 6in off road lights a 10k winch and some other things i have the red 6 pack opium battery and i think that to power everything better i need a better alternator what do you guys think please give feedback.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you run the things smartly, you can get away with the 130 amp from the limited Ex. I got mine new from ebay for $90 shipped.

i replaced my alt with a new one i know it not the battery since its a nice one so im guessing it prob the alt. agreed? 130amp what does the stock 91 x usally have if i replaced the stock one with a regular one amp wise

95 amp is stock i think you think 130 is enought to power all that **** plus addition things in the future

If you don't run them all simultaneously you should be fine. A second battery wouldn't hurt though. Might consider and idle up device for winching, but I think that's good for everyone. Something simple like a thumb throttle from a 4 wheeler or bike gear shifter.

you likely won't use the lights and stereo at the same time as the winch. Rarely does one use the stereo at full power, especially for extended periods.
I now have the 130, but when I ran a 1000 watt system on my 95 amp, i had no problem. I didn't run it with the engine off, and it was so effing loud I never ran it full tilt. Granted I did not have lights or winch.

go for the 200 since it's cheaper.

Back