2005 XLT HU Install | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 XLT HU Install

I completely realize this is an old thread, but is there any way JT in MD to get relinked pics??? I just learned that Santa will be bringing me a new HU for Christmas and want to get my research done early on how to install it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I completely realize this is an old thread, but is there any way JT in MD to get relinked pics??? I just learned that Santa will be bringing me a new HU for Christmas and want to get my research done early on how to install it!

I sent JT a PM asking him to re-link the pics. His last post was in August. Hopefully he gets the PM.

Should be fixed.... it was a permissions setting where my photos are hosted.. sorry about that!

the remote wire resistor pop is actually wrong in picture above. you should be using 2 resistor to properly eliminate pop. you can use a voltage regulator but if you put in a 4 channel amp for speakers you will get noise through all of your speakers from the interference that regulator does. the correct way is to use 2 1k ohm resistors with both wired to the remote wire comming from the head unit, then 1 resistor goes to the car side remote wire, the other resistor gets tied into the ground wire in the harness. this will fully eliminate the pop or close to, if if doesnt go up another resistor size max 1.5k ohm. this is comming from an mecp master technician. been in the car electronics field professonally for 9 years. so if your still having the issue, try this solution.

sorry if this post comes off as snappy. its late im tired and worked long today.

the remote wire resistor pop is actually wrong in picture above. you should be using 2 resistor to properly eliminate pop. you can use a voltage regulator but if you put in a 4 channel amp for speakers you will get noise through all of your speakers from the interference that regulator does. the correct way is to use 2 1k ohm resistors with both wired to the remote wire comming from the head unit, then 1 resistor goes to the car side remote wire, the other resistor gets tied into the ground wire in the harness. this will fully eliminate the pop or close to, if if doesnt go up another resistor size max 1.5k ohm. this is comming from an mecp master technician. been in the car electronics field professonally for 9 years. so if your still having the issue, try this solution.

sorry if this post comes off as snappy. its late im tired and worked long today.

Could you further elaborate. I'm used too mine and its jut a natural thing at this point, but others seem annoyed and worried about it. So the first goes in line with the remote turn on. Now say I had two amps, It would go between the stock amp and the radio but not before the other amp as this would cause it not to turn on? Then the second one goes on the ground wire, how would this solve anything?

yes i can, u take the 2 resistors and twist one side together so it looks like a v. then the twisted side goes to the blue wire comming from the radio, so technicall it just made to paths for the blue wire (1 to 2 split) one resistor goes can get tapped into the ground wire or just grounded to metal the other resistor is your new output blue wire to the amps. if you add more amps you just tie them in after the resistors

++++++++++++++++ /--- blue wire to amp (any addit amps connect blue wire here)
radio---Blue wire ---<
++++++++++++++++ \--- ground

does that help?

Yeah another follow up, so the other amp will be fine turning on with some loss in power due to the resistors?

Alright finally looking at resistors and now I'm wondering what wattage I need to get. Amazon has 1/4, 1/2, and 1w 1k ohm resistors

Back