311 miles and got Navigation Fault | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

311 miles and got Navigation Fault

Alex135

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
My new 2012 Explorer MFT is not working. I dropped it off today at my local ford dealer to be told that my SD card came out. TOTAL B/S. I checked that first last night the S/D card was in. I was told I would have to wait one week because they have a back log of people waiting to have there MFT worked on, and they only have one tech. I called the dealer I bought the car from and I was told to drop it off after work tonight and they will get to it tomorrow. Mine was just built in November and I have the V2.11 version. This is the first new car I've ever bought that has gone back to the dealer in under 500 miles. :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My new 2012 Explorer MFT is not working. I dropped it off today at my local ford dealer to be told that my SD card came out. TOTAL B/S. I checked that first last night the S/D card was in. I was told I would have to wait one week because they have a back log of people waiting to have there MFT worked on, and they only have one tech. I called the dealer I bought the car from and I was told to drop it off after work tonight and they will get to it tomorrow. Mine was just built in November and I have the V2.11 version. This is the first new car I've ever bought that has gone back to the dealer in under 500 miles. :thumbdwn:
With all the reported problems regarding the MFT on this site, I don't think that I would have been surprised. Disappointed but not surprised. So is it really fair to judge the vehicle on something that is known to fail and is to be totally replaced in a few months?

With all the reported problems regarding the MFT on this site, I don't think that I would have been surprised. Disappointed but not surprised. So is it really fair to judge the vehicle on something that is known to fail and is to be totally replaced in a few months?
I really hope the new fix works in a few months.

Hate to say it but that SD & SD card slot is very very very very very very sensitive. If anything bumps against it, you will get that fault. There should be a cover for it.

Update. I got a call from the dealer today. Still no luck with the reprogram. He told me that he gets to the third part and it crashes. Tomorrow they will dig deeper and try again.

Update. I got a call from the dealer today. Still no luck with the reprogram. He told me that he gets to the third part and it crashes. Tomorrow they will dig deeper and try again.

Hi, Alex!

Have you heard back from your dealer yet? I'm curious to know what they found out.

Rebecca

This has happened to me a couple of times but it either cures itself or just pop the SD card out then back in. No big deal. Have to reboot my laptop a lot more.
Unfortunately it seems you are over reacting to what occurred because you didn't understand the behavior of MFT. I think you'll find that even with these
small quirks, we still have the coolest system out there.

Hi, Alex!

Have you heard back from your dealer yet? I'm curious to know what they found out.

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca. Yes I got it back yesterday. They had a problem with the reprogram.
I knew it wasn't the S/D card because I pulled it out and put it back in and still nothing. The first Ford dealer told me the S/D card came out and they fixed it. I got 1/2 mile away and the Nav Fault came back up on the MFT. The next night I dropped it off at the dealer I bought it from They were better. The first day the tech's had a problem getting past the third download. They claim the MFT is driving them crazy with all the problems. By the end of the second day they got it and its been right for two days now. They also told me about the new update that will be out soon and even with Ford mailing it out they are expecting to see many people back at the dealer for the new program.

Hi Rebecca. Yes I got it back yesterday. They had a problem with the reprogram.
I knew it wasn't the S/D card because I pulled it out and put it back in and still nothing. The first Ford dealer told me the S/D card came out and they fixed it. I got 1/2 mile away and the Nav Fault came back up on the MFT. The next night I dropped it off at the dealer I bought it from They were better. The first day the tech's had a problem getting past the third download. They claim the MFT is driving them crazy with all the problems. By the end of the second day they got it and its been right for two days now. They also told me about the new update that will be out soon and even with Ford mailing it out they are expecting to see many people back at the dealer for the new program.

I'm glad to see they were able to getting it working for you before the holidays! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any more issues :)

Rebecca

Not suprised mine did that with less than 30 miles.
Wind noise started less than a 1000 miles
bluetooth never worked right
have to get the mft reset once a mounth
fans went out 8600 miles over heated boiled all water out
ford steam cleaned inside out to try and get the burnt smell out
replaced fans and added water and said it's good to go
I think they should come with a jucier so at least you can make lemonade

Back