03 Ford Explorer will not start, fuel pressure good, no spark | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 Ford Explorer will not start, fuel pressure good, no spark

ALKADEEM

Reaction score
City, State
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 FORD EXPLORER
Hello Gentlemen, I have a 2003 Ford Explorer 6 Cyl, 4.0. Drove the car home no problem, next day car will not start, battery is brand new, Engine turns normal, but will not start. listened for fuel pump, sounds good, checked pressure by schrader valve, there was pressure. Checked for spark at spark plug wires (NO SPARK), Checked all fuses, all good, swapped ignition and fuel relays, No help. Replaced Crank Shaft Position Sensor, still no help. Removed spark plug (NO SIGN OR SMELL OF FUEL ON SPARK PLUG). Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank You.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could be a cam position sensor. both cam a nd crank sensors are needed to be fuel injector pulses and the ignition coil to fire. Any codes stored in the PCM?

coil over plug fuse located under the hood possible?
mini 10 fuse I think

coil over plug fuse located under the hood possible?
mini 10 fuse I think

Checked for power at ignition coil pack as suggested somewhere in here, but there is no power coming to the ignition coil pack, It says to put clip on battery negative and check for power at positive pin, but there was none, and it also says to put clip on battery negative and check the remaining 3 ground wires, no luck. there is good fuel pressure. also replaced crank & cam shafts sensor, still nothing. is there any fusible link in the ignition system?

Checked for power at ignition coil pack as suggested somewhere in here, but there is no power coming to the ignition coil pack, It says to put clip on battery negative and check for power at positive pin, but there was none, and it also says to put clip on battery negative and check the remaining 3 ground wires, no luck. there is good fuel pressure. also replaced crank & cam shafts sensor, still nothing. is there any fusible link in the ignition system?
I know this is a super old post but did you ever solve this issue?

Back