got walmart goodyear authority tires265/75/16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got walmart goodyear authority tires265/75/16

4dlover

Reaction score
City, State
burlington,iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
I got the body lift on last weekend and got the tires on two days ago i will post pics soon! anybody else had these tires?
:exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have them on my 98 silverado ... aggressive looking and the always got me out of where i needed to

Seriously? I went to my Wal-Mart and they refused to sell me tires other than the stock size. When I brought my own to have them mounted they refused to do it as well stating that they are liable for any accident if they mount the incorrect size tire.

Yup, ever since the firestone/explorer fiasco years ago, some companies just went nutso.. Most say they will only do stock size on explorers. Others, stock size in general..

If you bring them in loose, you can usually get away with telling them its a ranger, or even a jeep and then they won't care.

You know its just following "policy" since they will have no issues if its a navajo or mountineer which is the exact same as an explorer..

~Mark

Got a set of 235/80/17 on my stock 04 . Had them put on by Walmart last week

I took a friend and a big hydro jack and put the ex up on stands in the parking lot and rolled the tires in, then they will do it , was a pain but my wife works there and i got 10 percent off and the tires are awesome i love em!

post some pics ... always wanted top see how my tires would look on the x

Great tire! I've had them on my x for about 20k miles now and still no complaints. I just bought them from Walmart and put them on myself. They wouldn't put mine on either due to being larger than stock (265/75/16)

i will take pics tomorrow and post them it kinda looks llike a stomper to me or a tonka truck i love it and mine are 265 75 16 (31.5) too!:D

really 20 k thats cool i am looking for longevity hope they last a long time thanks for the input

Back