Rear "Applique" window trim frame removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear "Applique" window trim frame removal

AIRBLUE

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT 4.0 4x4
I just want to know how he removed the black plastic framework and just left the exposed glass.

I saved the picture and not the post. I saw a member of the 3rd gen explorer 'CRACK CLUB" where he not only removed the plastic outer piece but removed the ribbed plastic frame attached to the glass.

Looks better than having plastic Applique I think! Anybody else done this?

explorer20rear20glass.jpg

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Figured photobucket out

Here's the thread. Scroll down.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340056

He also has been referring to a class action law suit and provides a link but no where to sign up to join it.

If anyone knows where you can sign up to join said lawsuit, I think a bunch of people would like to know.

Thanks. I've seen that page before, same as linked by another owner. But there's nowhere on that page to sign onto the class action lawsuit. That's what I'm trying to find a link to. This page just provides a place to sign up for their newsletter. No one seems to know where to go to sign up for the lawsuit so it's no wonder it's not gaining much traction.

If anyone has a link to sign up, please post it up.;)

Yes, I've seen the lawsuit; there's a link to that on the other page you posted. And facebook has no legal standing, nor can be considered a credible place to join a class action lawsuit since it's just a social networking tool.

Neither of those provide a place to actually sign the petition or to join a class action lawsuit.

It would be helpful if someone has a link to a site to actually join the lawsuit.

Facebook link not meant for official "join of class action" just a place to get somebodys attention. Fbook can reach more people in a short amount of time than any other method on the planet.

The PDF is suitable for contact of either the court it was initiated in through the clerks office or for one of our Cali members who is also an attorney to tell us how to "sign up" - just trying to help get the ball rolling again.

I will call the court of interest today and see if I can get some further information regarding how to join this suit.

Yes, I've seen the lawsuit; there's a link to that on the other page you posted. And facebook has no legal standing, nor can be considered a credible place to join a class action lawsuit since it's just a social networking tool.

Neither of those provide a place to actually sign the petition or to join a class action lawsuit.

It would be helpful if someone has a link to a site to actually join the lawsuit.

I will call the court of interest today and see if I can get some further information regarding how to join this suit.

That's what we need!

Thanks!

Also for an FYI

How do I join a class action?

A. Generally, before a court certifies a class action, it must conclude that there are too many class members for them all to be named as parties in the lawsuit. Technically, class members do not "join" into the litigation, but decide to participate by not "opting-out." It is only in rare instances when a suit is filed as an "opt-in" class action. In those rare instances, a claim form or request to join form may be necessary. Ordinarily, the notice issued to class members in the usual suit for compensatory damages will tell the class if they need to take any action to participate. In a suit for compensatory damages, any class member who does not "opt-out" may be bound by the results of the litigation if it proceeds as a class action. If a class member should determine, however, that he wants to participate in the suit as a named party, he may hire his own lawyer and seek to intervene (participate) in the lawsuit.

That's what we need!

Thanks!

Nevermind. i didnt see his post in the othe thread.

Back