• Register Today It's free!

Putting heated seats into an XLT

Ted22

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 explorer 4x4 6cyl
Got some heated seat pads off of ebay... going to put them in tonight! Anyone do it before? where did you splice into? the drives side already has power, but probably shoudl tie into somehting that will turn off with the key right? HOw much power do they draw?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BTT

Got everything done!!! Except splicing in. HOPE SOMEONE can HELP!!! Please!

They come with their own 10a fuse, so just need to tie into 12v switch power... Never done it before:(

most people will just get up under the dash drivers side and find a wire that powers up with the key and have it turn on a relay that has a direct connection to the main power from the battery ,

And a switch. Unless you want them on all the time.

Found a empty pin on the central junction box- 270b--- hooked it up to that, and seems to work. According to the wiring diagram it's not used, but hot when key on, cold when key off... Anyway it's working! :)

Kit did not come with a switch? all the ones I've seen on ebay have them...

how hot do they get... I was thinking of buying some pads like yourself but don't want to fork over 150 for some crap

Hotter than stock! Got them off eBay, $70 for two seats... Only put in drivers side; hey I'm selfish I guess. Came direct from china, took 3 weeks, but 1/2 the cost of every place else.

Comes with switch, everything u need, just hook up ground, run to a switch 12v hot. Never had done anything like it before, not sure if t was luck or skill, but got it done. Few mistakes, but don't think anyone would know... Switch goes a bit into the vent, broke a piece on console under trim (fixed w rivets and sheet metal, better than new).

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=170753722131&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=10660784773

eBay Seller: heatedseat

Very interesting. I am subscribing as this is something that I always wanted to do. Hopefully Ted22 will give us some details and pics. Although it seems he hasn't posted since June of this year...............................:popcorn:

Guess it has been awhile! Hey, been busy;)

You all are awesome... Those YouTube videos are good... I didn't find them when I did it, would have saved some time!
Sorry I didn't take any pics. Just get up under the dash and meter out empty pins until you find one that switches with the key, then jumper off that. That is at least what I did... Of course there is a risk of picking the wrong pin and passing too much current through. Just do so crossing your fingers, at your own risk....

Back