• Register Today It's free!

2012 explorer windshield noise

Jwuanb1

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 explorer limited
I have a 2012 explorer that also has the windsheild noise on the top left passenger side. Took it to the dealer they "fixed" it so they thought, now it's not as loud but more of a light whistling noise. Could really use some help please.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same issue .. Local dealer in SA said it is normal , after I called Ford company they fix it , but still have a noise .. ( really I hate my new Ex because of this problem )
I'm thinking right now to sell it ..

I took mine in this week, they said they have to ordervsome parts and thy are on back order, but service guy was very sure that parts need to be replaced.

The TSB will fix it, heavier rubber parts seem to do the trick

do this

black electrical tape along the rubber strip. 1/2 on the rubber, 1/2 on the windshield. They should be out with a TSB in January.

That sux that you are planning on selling it. We really love it, but you are right it really sux to have to deal with that noise cause it's a new vehicle.

I have the same issue .. Local dealer in SA said it is normal , after I called Ford company they fix it , but still have a noise .. ( really I hate my new Ex because of this problem )
I'm thinking right now to sell it ..

Sux you are thinking of selling it we love ours but the noise is crazy annoying.

I took mine in this week, they said they have to ordervsome parts and thy are on back order, but service guy was very sure that parts need to be replaced.

Let me know if that works so can talk to the dealer and get it fixed.

Not familiar with TSB, what is that?

Technical Service Bulletin - it's a way for manufacturers to put out notices to dealers on items/problems that need to addressed/fixed that don't require a recall.

Technical Service Bulletin - it's a way for manufacturers to put out notices to dealers on items/problems that need to addressed/fixed that don't require a recall.

Thanks Vince, I'm new to these type of forums so I appreciate your help.

You're very welcome, and welcome to the board!

I had the same exact noise. They did a smoke test and found a leak in the back door oddly, but the noise was there still, so they replaced some windshield trim in the front passenger side and it's fixed! My dealer was very helpful and I took a service rep for a drive to let him hear it.

Please could u explain who they did a smoke test ?!!
If u don't mind

Thank u

Hey mfischer2, do you happen to know the part numbers that were used to fix yours? Or what did the dealer call it?
Thanks!

Windshield Noise

Just wondering if you folks are aware that there is another entire thread dedicated to this A Pillar noise (windshield noise). Much more specific information there.

Hey mfischer2, do you happen to know the part numbers that were used to fix yours? Or what did the dealer call it?
Thanks!

I can call the dealer next week and ask. PM me with your email address.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Windshield Wind Noise

Boy, I went through same thing, sometimes the wind would cause it to vibrate making a noise that the radio couldn't even cover up and other times a whistle. The Dealer had my Explorer for a week and a half trying to trouble shoot with Ford and there is a new replacement part. It has improved mounting clips plus good old double sticky back tape on it. There is a huge demand and the back order crap is not my problem. I called Ford 1-800-392-3673 but they ended up transferring me to Fleet contact person since it was Company car in our Fleet. They did get on it right away but the dealership was having major issues getting parts and support from Ford and I told Ford that they are making the dealership look bad. This has been the best dealership I have ever dealt with and Ford is the problem. Replacement part came next day and I have not heard one bit of noise since 12-22-11.

:p:

Back