Just brought my 2012 XLT to the shop after only 400 miles | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just brought my 2012 XLT to the shop after only 400 miles

Do a search on warranties and you will find there already is a thread for this.

Peter

I did it again and found it, thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...This site has provided invaluable info to many owners and prospective owners alike...
I agree, peterk9; this community has been invaluable, to say the least. :)

No problems for me 8200miles,6 mos...
sgparnes,

Here’s to your ride staying problem free. :dpchug:

I'm very happy with the Explorer, as I stated in my OP. It's just a few little things that I'm not happy with...
I’m glad to hear how much you’re enjoying your new ride, nyxltsol. :) Please don’t hesitate to shoot a PM with the details I mentioned if you’d like help.

Speaking of warranty, are owners paying for an extended Ford-backed warranty? If so what are they being charged for a Ford extended warranty?...
EX-SV,

Paying for a Ford Extended Service Plan is great for peace of mind. For more details about the ESP’s available, check out Owner.Ford.com > Warranty & Service Plans > Extended Service Plans (http://Owner.Ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ESPPage). You can call the ESP Sales Service Center with any other questions @ 1-800-367-3377. :D

Cory

first off im not trying to start a fight.....
second off are you new to the forum, and if you are not did you read up on the problems this truck is happening.

i dont know why people are buying this truck especially after reading all the cheap this ford has done with vehicle

lol your comment is funny. I took a friend to the Chargers Ravens game a couple weeks ago. He'd seen my Explorer but never seen inside or ridden in it. When he got in he looked and said *** this is an explorer??? He said he'd owned an explorer and was amazed at how much better the new model is. A few hours later after driving an hour to the game and tailgating. He kept staring at it and said his mother-in-law always drives lexus SUV's he said the Explorer put the Lexus to shame in every way. Quality of materials used, ride noise, looks...

I've got 4,500 miles on my 2011 explorer XLT 4X4 and have loved driving it every day.

Take it to the shop now!!! The cooling fans are burning up they last about two days once
they start to wine.

first off im not trying to start a fight.....
second off are you new to the forum, and if you are not did you read up on the problems this truck is happening.

i dont know why people are buying this truck especially after reading all the cheap this ford has done with vehicle

I read this forum (and elsewhere) a lot. Other than minor MFT issues the car is great. There clearly were more issues with earlier versions but Ford has done a good job of working them out. I bought one, I'm happy - my $0.02.

Not sure what they have worked out. My ex was built on 7/11 and it has all the bugs still. Not to worry louisiana has a great limeon law!!!

Back