Traded in Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traded in Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it very difficult to believe your claim as to what you paid for your EX and what you say they gave you for trade in value.....depreciation on your EX alone would be much higher than that no matter how few miles would be on it....and then there are taxes etc that also come in to play....dealers aren't in the business of losing money just to get rid of their 2011 inventory.....

What do you suppose that they intend to sell your used EX for? Who would buy a used EX for only a couple thousand less than a new one??? I've got some swamp land in Florida for sale for that same person....

Oringinally posted by HughesCares
Fyi.....sales tax on vehicles in SC is a minimum of 6%....(tax would be applicaple to the net difference between the trade in and the vehicle being purchased)

Hard to imagine that there are any dealerships left in SC if they all make the money losing trades you seem to be able to pull off.....

Remember...the dealership still has to sell your trade in.....they need to make money on it as well....not just the vehicle you purchased.....

Enjoy your new 300....with any luck it will be worth more than you paid when you go to trade it in on your next vehicle!!!

Excuse me HughCares, but the OP made a statement of his transaction, and he is happy with it, that is all that matters. It is not your place to debate it with him, leave it alone, and leave it be. And why do you care what the dealership paid for or is going to sale for on his trade. He got a good deal as he sees it, and the dealership sold a vehicle. Most trade-ins are resold on lot, but then again they go on the auction block. The dealer usually makes their money back inside the small fine print.

But again, why do you care to debate it? Leave it be as it was said before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

s entitled to an exemption from RST.

Total Vehicle Price

The total vehicle price is calculated as the manufacturer's suggested retail price, plus:

all options and accessories

pre delivery expenses

freight charges

federal air conditioning tax

Tax for Fuel Conservation (TFFC)

administration fees for licensing and preparing documents

less:

the value of any trade-in.

Trade-in Allowance

The total vehicle price of a new or used motor vehicle can be reduced if your customer trades-in a vehicle or other taxable item at the time they are purchasing another vehicle. RST applies to the net vehicle price provided the trade-in forms part of the vehicle purchase agreement and the trade-in is a taxable item (e.g., automobile, truck, or motorcycle). Administration charges to process a trade in are taxable.

If the trade-in is not registered in the name of the person trading it in on the purchase of another vehicle, RST must be charged on the total vehicle price. However, if the vehicle's registration is transferred into the purchaser's name prior to being accepted as a trade-in, RST should be calculated on the reduced amount.

A dealer may, on behalf of a customer, sell the customer's vehicle to a third party and apply the proceeds to the subsequent purchase of another vehicle by the customer. RST must be charged on the total vehicle price of the new vehicle before the proceeds are applied as there was no vehicle traded in at the time of the sale. The sale of the customer's used vehicle to a third party is a separate transaction.

Who ever trades a explorer for a chrysler 300 is out of there mind its called a poor mans bentley!! By the way the should have given you a great rebate being that you own part of chrysler ( bail out $$$$) !!!

Everyone has the right to choose but seriously....a Chrysler 300 instead of an Ex?

Chrysler fit and finish is better but no where close to the Ex.

I won't support those who take bailout money, Ford stood on their own.

Trade-in Allowance

The total vehicle price of a new or used motor vehicle can be reduced if your customer trades-in a vehicle or other taxable item at the time they are purchasing another vehicle. RST applies to the net vehicle price provided the trade-in forms part of the vehicle purchase agreement and the trade-in is a taxable item (e.g., automobile, truck, or motorcycle). Administration charges to process a trade in are taxable.

If the trade-in is not registered in the name of the person trading it in on the purchase of another vehicle, RST must be charged on the total vehicle price. However, if the vehicle's registration is transferred into the purchaser's name prior to being accepted as a trade-in, RST should be calculated on the reduced amount.

A dealer may, on behalf of a customer, sell the customer's vehicle to a third party and apply the proceeds to the subsequent purchase of another vehicle by the customer. RST must be charged on the total vehicle price of the new vehicle before the proceeds are applied as there was no vehicle traded in at the time of the sale. The sale of the customer's used vehicle to a third party is a separate transaction.
Thank you. Well obviously I was mistaken as a couple of posts have politely pointed out. I haven't traded a vehicle for over 10 years since my last 4, including the Explorer, have all been leased. Here in Ontario we have the HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) which combines the 8% provincial and 5% federal taxes.
Perhaps I was thinking of the grocery store discount coupons.:D

Peter

All dealers play a game with trade-ins either they give you an inflated trade-in price and then hit you with the new car, or the give you a low trade-in and really discount the new car purchase. In the end it evens out. Oh by the way with Chrysler's watch the transmission.

Wasn't there a pic on here of the weld jobs on a 300. Looked pretty chinsy. Can't find it. I'll keep looking. I remember looking at it and saying OMG!

Wasn't there a pic on here of the weld jobs on a 300. Looked pretty chinsy. Can't find it. I'll keep looking. I remember looking at it and saying OMG!
I had the same reaction when I saw the parts behind the firewall on a production Ford GT supercar -- the weld jobs werent all that. These welds look like they were done by someone who picked up welding as a hobby two weeks ago. Yes I'm sure the vehicle does just fine for the average supercar driver (who's going to park the car in the garage anyway and not even take it to the track so welds dont matter) but for that kind of money, I'd expect top notch craftsmanship and quality that shows that whoever built this loves what he/she does.

Gap at the corner:
gt2.jpg

Uneven beads:
gt31.jpg

And WTF:
gt1.jpg

^-- FWIW, the pic in that thread isnt of a weld. A weld doesnt look like a smear.

Correct, it's panel adhesive...

Ooops my mistake. Still looks like ****. I hate Chrysler Dodge

I really don't understand all the anger on here about someone buying a 300. Its funny reading this because I would bet that none of these people giving all these opinions have even driven the new 300. Now the 300 would not be something I would buy for myself but I'm not going to tell someone else what they should or should not buy. One guy even says there are pictures of bad welds and then finds the pictures and its something else. All this proves is he doesn't know what he's talking about. Another person says watch the transmission. I believe I have read in this very forum about people having a transmission problem with this new explorer. Maybe you should do some research on the new 8 speed trans going in that 300. It's unmatched from what I have read. One guy says he won't support a company that took bailout money. Somehow I think if Ford had needed to take it he would be talking a different tune. Now I have been looking to buy a new Suv and the Explorer is on my list but When I finally buy which will probably be in the spring I will get the vehicle I like the best.

To the one who posted the above pictures if you look at picture # 2 from the top dowm the spring coil says ford!!! I have an explorer 2011 love it. But if you going to talk about somthing get he right picture with the right story !!
To the one who posted this reply, I was talking about the Ford GT - which, I THINK would come with Ford coil springs. If "you going" (<-- WTH is that?) to to post a reply, read the entire thread first.

:popcorn:

Just bought a 2011 Explorer, purchased base model because didn't want to deal with MFT. I also own a 2011 Edge Lmited and a 2012 fusion.........We are Ford Family

How could you, tear the family apart like that. jk I'm sorry to hear your experience with the EX had enough of an impact on you to make you JUMP the fence. Good Luck with the new 300. When do we get to see pics.

"Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. However tall grass, just hides piles of **** easier."
William Benjamin Bogardus III

Please don't take any offense to anything I have said, as I am unstable. I have quoted this same phrase to my boss and others that have jumped the fence from their previous manufacturer.:p:

Good Luck with the new 300. When do we get to see pics.

Now why would anyone in this Ford Explorer forum give a rat's behind and/or want to see pics of a (soon to be broken down) Chrysler 300???? Good luck is right....he'll need it!

Now why would anyone in this Ford Explorer forum give a rat's behind and/or want to see pics of a (soon to be broken down) Chrysler 300???? Good luck is right....he'll need it!
hahaha this is hilarious, talk about anti anything Ford. Broken down? This isn't exactly an 80's K-car. Like none of us have ever had an issue with an Explorer/Mountaineer or the numerous problems with the 5th gen Ex :rolleyes: . For one thing I've been in the new 300 and it's interior is first rate in materials quality and fit/finish and it's drives excellent... just still not a fan of the Benz/Chrysler 5 speed auto, but they have new trans comming out that will be nice including the 8 speed adapted for the V8s even.

Now why would anyone in this Ford Explorer forum give a rat's behind and/or want to see pics of a (soon to be broken down) Chrysler 300????
Because we're a community and we have an interest in what others are doing in their lives.

But to get back to you : stop trolling this thread already. You've already said what you need to say so it's time to move on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As one Canadian to another, you are starting to become very annoying.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back