totaled truck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

totaled truck

4dlover

Reaction score
City, State
burlington,iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
well so much for all the time and effort i spent on the truck its totalled,nothing left of it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

o_O wow. Sorry to hear that man, you okay? Got pics of the truck?

That sux, hope everyone is ok. Post pics when ya get a chance.

Sorry to hear.

sorry to hear bout that whats going to be ur replacement

No story or pics. Glad you are O.K., though.

cant affoed another explorer, but im gonna lose my license for 2 years as the police tried saying i was drunk and i wasnt, but i lost control and hit a phone pole, damage to the front was light, but the pole broke and smashed the top of the truck in at which point i was hit in the head and dont remember anything, came to in flashes at the police station even though my wife says i talked and acted fine, shock or something but i had a beer or two earlier in the night and smelled of it , my wife said i refused to take sobriety tests and the breath test i dont remember, last thing i remember is the truck sliding sideways and turning the wheel the recover i am not sure if i will get to drive again but i am getting my wife a durango only thing i could find with the third row seat and 4x4 and we have to get a car now so its in our price range, my back is hurting and i have had a headache for 3 days bruised up pretty good the top of the ex looks like a taco and the roof is touching the tops of the seatsin the back and third row seats i prolly wont be able to get my new 500 miles old goodyear authorities off of it or my body lift or my new interstate battery which sucks as i still have to make the payments on all of them! fml this sucks

Be sure to be checked for a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). We had to get checked after every explosion in Iraq cause if you have one, you will start to loose a lot of brain function!

Man, I hate to see this happen. I am glad you're OK.

Thanks for your c oncern going to look at a expedition tomorrow thanks

I think that you are lucky to be alive, so at least be thankful for that. A vehicle can be replaced, whereas a human life can not. In Ohio, if an individual refuses a breathalyzer or other test, then his/her license is suspended also. I don't know your finances or insurance situation, but maybe you can fight it by getting a lawyer -- even a court appointed one. Also, property damage resulted in your case. Here, with a court order, blood can be drawn against your will to determine whether or not legally you were drunk. It sounds like you had an unfortunate wreck, and by mere means of smelling alcohol on you, is not enough to presume intoxication. You state lack of memory (which is common after a head injury), and it seems the police should have backed off until medical personnel determined your condition before questioning you. If that is the case, then your rights as a citizen were violated, and you may have a case. Keep us posted, and hope things turn out better in the future.

thanks for all your posts and i appreciate it alot, i am really scared as my head hurts alot and i really dont remember anything, i hope i dont lose my licsense but i am scared i am going to have problems with these headaches and neck pain forever,so it does not matter what else happens thank u all and i will try to get some pics on here thanks

They letting you get your truck back?

sorry to hear about this brother ... but glad to see your ok ... hopefully its just the soreness of the crash and nothing too serious

If you were serious about the looking at an Expedition check out Expeditionforum.com, a great group of guys over there too. Has a lot of info on what to look out for when shopping around for an Expedition. I almost feel like a traitor, because I fell in love with the ride of the 2001 Expedition we purchased in June.

got a 98 expedition and a second one for parts, going to er in the morning to get checked again, also managed to talk insurance company into tires i just bought being removed from the truck so if anyone needs 265 75 16 goodyear authority tires i have a set with like 500 miles on em i gave 850 for like two weeks ago thanks and i will post pics when i feel better thanks fellas i really appreciate your support and i will stay with this forum as i love explorers this ex was my fifth and i am sad to c her go

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back