• Register Today It's free!

Greasy front windows?

tacook

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Anyone have this problem? Thought I had caused it when I cleaned the car the first time but I have made sure there is nothing on the bottom window seals and they still look and feel greasy. Any thoughts?

Terry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone have this problem? Thought I had caused it when I cleaned the car the first time but I have made sure there is nothing on the bottom window seals and they still look and feel greasy. Any thoughts?

Terry

I just searched "streaking windows"

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332090&highlight=streaking+windows

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312770&highlight=streaking+windows

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329444&highlight=streaking+windows

Greasy Streaking LH & RH Front Windows at -14 Degrees C

Ok so how many Cdn 2011 EXs are plaqued with the streaky side windows that won't go away no matter what the outside temperature?

Just when you get them clean and then at the next window roll down we are rewarded with a filmy bar across the glass. Not sure what this stuff is or where its coming from, was hoping it would wear off or not appear during cold temps, but no luck...

Another item on this for dealer fix up.....

Ok so how many Cdn 2011 EXs are plaqued with the streaky side windows that won't go away no matter what the outside temperature?

Just when you get them clean and then at the next window roll down we are rewarded with a filmy bar across the glass. Not sure what this stuff is or where its coming from, was hoping it would wear off or not appear during cold temps, but no luck...

Another item on this for dealer fix up.....
I have it but it isn't as bad as it was when I got it in March. To avoid that "filmy bar across the glass" I make sure that I put the window all the way down. Otherwise I still get a slight line where the window stopped.
At this point I'm not considering having the door taken apart to address the issue under the TSB.

Welcome to the Forum canuk. :wavey:

Peter

The TSB is an easy fix and has resolved the problem for me since they did it. I made sure it was gone before i tinted the front windows.

streaky windows

I mentioned this to the service manager thinking it was going to be an up hill battle like the A-Pillars and was pleasantly surprised that he was aware of the issue and replaced the parts on all four windows at the same time he did the Pillars. All seems well now.

Ford is aware of this and apparently some dealers are too. Suspected the adhesive is re-acting with the part and bleeding through to the window.

Good luck,

...Thought I had caused it when I cleaned the car the first time but I have made sure there is nothing on the bottom window seals and they still look and feel greasy...
I’m checking in to see if you’re still noticing grease, Terry. I can help by sending the details to the Customer Service Manager in your region. For me to do that, please send a PM with your contact info, mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN.

...Just when you get them clean and then at the next window roll down we are rewarded with a filmy bar across the glass...Another item on this for dealer fix up.....
canuk,

Welcome to the boards! I’m confident the dealer will take care of you.

...I made sure it was gone before i tinted the front windows.
I mentioned this to the service manager thinking it was going to be an up hill battle like the A-Pillars and was pleasantly surprised that he was aware of the issue and replaced the parts on all four windows at the same time he did the Pillars...
Black Mounty & Trembler,

I’m glad to hear it was resolved. :)

Cory

My car was at the dealer for a few issues. While they got approval from Ford to fix the a-pillars, the fix for the greasy windows was denied because my windows are tinted.

Kinda sucks that there is a known tsb, but they still won't do it.

My car was at the dealer for a few issues. While they got approval from Ford to fix the a-pillars, the fix for the greasy windows was denied because my windows are tinted.

Kinda sucks that there is a known tsb, but they still won't do it.

I would definitely fight that one as having your windows tinted has nothing to do with the issue. Mine are tinted as well and they fixed it no problem.

Back